The Student Room Group

Can I switch from radiotherapy to radiography?

Hi, Im on first year radiotherapy but I want to change into diagnostic radiography? Is it possible without losing a year? or do I have to apply again in September?
In a word no you won't be able to switch at this stage of the year. For starters you probably won't be able to fulfill the placement requirements and there are only a couple of shared modules so you won't be able to catch up on those either. You would need to begin again in year 1 in September but you probably won't need to actually apply again if you want to stay at the same uni. Best option is to speak to your tutors, it's reasonably common for people to change their minds about which direction to take so don't worry about discussing it with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MedUltrasound
It depends on your University and lecturers. When I was studying therapeutic radiography at St Georges we were given the option to change to diagnostic radiography towards the end of year 1. They asked for a personal statement to explain why diagnostic radiography was for us. I imagine that this is very specific to the attrition rate that year and university syllabus though. Speak to a lecturer you get along with and speak to whoever is in charge of diagnostic radiography where you are to get a definitive answer. Good luck.

Hey, thanks for reply. can I do medical ultrasound postgraduate after Radiotherapy?
Original post by anna198
Hey, thanks for reply. can I do medical ultrasound postgraduate after Radiotherapy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you can, I have a colleague doing exactly that right now.

Quick Reply

Latest