The Student Room Group

Life Sciences Summer Internship Crisis

Where should I look? I recognise it's probably too late to apply for a lot of internships that I only discovered until last month when all the deadlines have passed anyway. I didn't bother asking lecturers at my uni because I don't meet the academic requirements for the scheme. Uni doesn't let me take a placement year and I didn't apply to pharma companies for the same reason. I recognise a lot of other unis only accept students from the same uni. I'm only applying for one research institute that I'm highly unlikely to get a place for and the other is completely voluntary work back home overseas (where science is generally very underfunded) which I do not want. Feeling incredibly fed up and my degree amounting to nothing because I'm interested in pursuing my subject further but there aren't many suitable opportunities (if any) available. Anything help related to biology/chemistry/biochemistry research/summer placements and be greatly appreciated.
Original post by lizzyc501
Where should I look? I recognise it's probably too late to apply for a lot of internships that I only discovered until last month when all the deadlines have passed anyway. I didn't bother asking lecturers at my uni because I don't meet the academic requirements for the scheme. Uni doesn't let me take a placement year and I didn't apply to pharma companies for the same reason. I recognise a lot of other unis only accept students from the same uni. I'm only applying for one research institute that I'm highly unlikely to get a place for and the other is completely voluntary work back home overseas (where science is generally very underfunded) which I do not want. Feeling incredibly fed up and my degree amounting to nothing because I'm interested in pursuing my subject further but there aren't many suitable opportunities (if any) available. Anything help related to biology/chemistry/biochemistry research/summer placements and be greatly appreciated.

try speculative applications to smaller companies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending