The Student Room Group

My teacher Reveals A-level results early

Every year, a chemistry teacher in my school rings a select number of girls to tell them they have straight A's in their A-levels the night before they get them. He rang me last year at my AS results. He also retired last year. However, I still think he might have got hold of them from his old contacts. If he doesn't ring tonight, I'll be facing two dilemmas: a)won't be going to LSE b) won't know them till tomorrow!

It just adds to my tension knowing that there is a possiblity that if I don't get a phone call I'll miss my offer - but that too could be rubbish!!!!

What do you think of his behaviour?
Reply 1
legalbeagle
Every year, a chemistry teacher in my school rings a select number of girls to tell them they have straight A's in their A-levels the night before they get them. He rang me last year at my AS results. He also retired last year. However, I still think he might have got hold of them from his old contacts. If he doesn't ring tonight, I'll be facing two dilemmas: a)won't be going to LSE b) won't know them till tomorrow!

It just adds to my tension knowing that there is a possiblity that if I don't get a phone call I'll miss my offer - but that too could be rubbish!!!!

It's completely unacceptable...and i'm pretty sure it's illegal.

G
Reply 2
legalbeagle

thats VERY unfair and illegal. i doubt he will be allowed to know what people got this time round, especially if other teachers knew what he was doing
Reply 3
gzftan
It's completely unacceptable...and i'm pretty sure it's illegal.

G

Well, what a shame...
Reply 4
LifeWired
Well, what a shame...

And that means?????

G
Reply 5
I think he means what a shame in that it put us at ease for the night's sleep. He told me that that was why he did it. However, it was quite funny when one of the girls told him to f**k off because she thought he was a prank caller. i only told my mum last year because I knew my dad would go ballistic!
Reply 6
legalbeagle
I think he means what a shame in that it put us at ease for the night's sleep. He told me that that was why he did it. However, it was quite funny when one of the girls told him to f**k off because she thought he was a prank caller. i only told my mum last year because I knew my dad would go ballistic!

I see what you're saying....but why should a select few students find out the night before when everyone else has to wait until the following day?

G
Reply 7
legalbeagle

Right.

What I mean is, these things are bound to happen, it's inevitable with this system under such pressure?

The more we ignore such things and concentrate on waiting until they're officially released, the better.

And, yes, it is wrong.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realise the subject of your post changed after the first sentence! I apologise!
Reply 8
LifeWired
Right.

What I mean is, these things are bound to happen, it's inevitable with this system under such pressure?

The more we ignore such things and concentrate on waiting until they're officially released, the better.

And, yes, it is wrong.

I know there's nothing we can do about it.....and i agree with what you're saying..but she asked for my opinion on the matter and that's my opinion.:smile:

G
Reply 9
He a notorious iconoclast. I'm not saying it's justified - god knows I'm biased as being one of his so-called "A-team". He always had extreme hierarchical views about pupils, and was quite harsh on those who didn't work as hard as others. He seemed to want to "reward" those who had the intelligence and BIG work ethics to succeed.
Reply 10
legalbeagle
He a notorious iconoclast. I'm not saying it's justified - god knows I'm biased as being one of his so-called "A-team". He always had extreme hierarchical views about pupils, and was quite harsh on those who didn't work as hard as others. He seemed to want to "reward" those who had the intelligence and BIG work ethics to succeed.

I know what you mean...if i was in your situation..i wouldn't be complaining at all!! I'd love to know as soon as possible what i've got so i can start looking towards the future....but for people not in the group...it's frustrating to know that somepeople will know by tonight.

G
Reply 11
legalbeagle

URGH i can't stand teachers like that. "A-team"? i'm sorry but he sounds like one of those sterotypical american students with their little cliques that nobody else can join. urgh
Reply 12
priya
URGH i can't stand teachers like that. "A-team"? i'm sorry but he sounds like one of those sterotypical american students with their little cliques that nobody else can join. urgh

Hehe.....speaking of stereotypical american students..did anyone see borat television a few days ago?? :tongue:

G
Reply 13
Mmm...I know. He prides himself on his ability to "go against the grain of the system." If the other teachers knew he did it, we would probably all have been called in for questioning. It would have to go become a disciplinary committee, wouldn't it?

I didn't want to know last year actually, it spoiled the surprise....however, this year I would like to read my prospectus once more with a confident outlook!! Ooohh dearie me I must go and distract myself!
Reply 14
legalbeagle
Mmm...I know. He prides himself on his ability to "go against the grain of the system." If the other teachers knew he did it, we would probably all have been called in for questioning. It would have to go become a disciplinary committee, wouldn't it?

I didn't want to know last year actually, it spoiled the surprise....however, this year I would like to read my prospectus once more with a confident outlook!! Ooohh dearie me I must go and distract myself!

Lol..i hate thinking about results...i always have to touch wood (touch wood now :tongue:)..and i realised something the other day...there's absolutely no wood on a bus!!!! :eek:

G
Reply 15
legalbeagle

he'd get sacked. or at least he should be
legalbeagle

I don't think it's illegal. I've been phoned by my school telling me to be in at 9:30 for a photo. As long as they don't reveal your grades it's ok.
Reply 17
Ralfskini
I don't think it's illegal. I've been phoned by my school telling me to be in at 9:30 for a photo. As long as they don't reveal your grades it's ok.

But he does reveal the grades, he tells them that they got straight a's
Reply 18
ahhhh...........i'm going to try to keep the phone line busy till some unholy hour so that I can't find out in case he rings!
Ralfskini

My school did that too but last week. I don't think it's because they know out results and are giving us clues - although I hope so because one of the head of department people in my college rang today to ask if I would do the newspaper thing - I think it's more based on people they expect to do well.

Latest

Trending

Trending