The Student Room Group

Always in fear my relationship will end

I recently got into a relationship (been going out for over a month).
I have no reason to doubt the relationship is bad, in fact it's really good, however constantly in fear he's going to end it. We've just gone onto Easter break and won't see him for a good 2 and a half weeks.
What if it all goes bad in that time?

I want to just enjoy this but also don't want to be naive…i dunno he texts me all the time and i know he really likes me so why do i think this?

Is this normal? will the feeling go away?
Girl I feel the exact same way, I honestly think you'll be okay though because if he likes you enough to be constantly texting you then of course he's not going to dump you randomly.

Just try not to overthink it, and enjoy the good times!

Hope this helps!
No it's not normal and you should probably see someone about this because it's the relationship anxiety itself that could end your relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I've been in a relationship for over eight years now and even I still have the fear that he'll just walk away, realise I'm not worth it, find someone better etc even though I know we have a strong relationship and things are going brilliant.

I think its normal to have fears and doubts in any relationship to a certain extent, even more so if you suffer from anxiety problems like myself but to me, it is only natural to fear losing what you love and care about but these fears shouldn't get in the way of the relationship, they shouldn't be nothing more than a passing thought and not something you dwell on or persistently worry about as that will lead to problems both within the relationship and with your own happiness and well being.

Best advice I can give is to take your relationship a day at a time. Enjoy the good and be open with your partner. If you are worried about something to do with the relationship, your partner is the best person to talk to about it :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lousmithy
I recently got into a relationship (been going out for over a month).
I have no reason to doubt the relationship is bad, in fact it's really good, however constantly in fear he's going to end it. We've just gone onto Easter break and won't see him for a good 2 and a half weeks.
What if it all goes bad in that time?

I want to just enjoy this but also don't want to be naive…i dunno he texts me all the time and i know he really likes me so why do i think this?

Is this normal? will the feeling go away?

I've been there and done that and I wish I hadn't. You obviously care about this person and no amount of worry will change what happens. If anything it may effect your relationship negatively so just enjoy it while it lasts and live in the present, instead of worrying about the future.

I wish you two a long and happy relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending