The Student Room Group

Really tired but can't sleep

For the past few days I've been getting about 6-7 hours of sleep. I sleep at around 3 or 4 is and get up at 10.

I'm on easter break so I was hoping to get at least 8 a day. Problem is, by about 1am I am pretty tired and I could fall asleep but I just can't. I don't sleep.
I have a lot of problems sleeping too. I've been using audiobooks for the past 3 years or so and they're really good! It's like someone reading you a bedtime story that you can drop off to. There's plenty on youtube but I signed up for Audible which is a company owned by Amazon which is subscription based and you get one audiobook credit per month with your subscription fee or you can buy extras if you want them. If you don't get to sleep for a while, it's nice sometimes to just listen to the story. Sometimes, I just accept that I won't sleep and listen to a few chapters of Harry Potter.
Original post by Cherub012
For the past few days I've been getting about 6-7 hours of sleep. I sleep at around 3 or 4 is and get up at 10.

I'm on easter break so I was hoping to get at least 8 a day. Problem is, by about 1am I am pretty tired and I could fall asleep but I just can't. I don't sleep.

I'm npt claiming you have insomnia at all, BUT what you could do is research ways that help people with insomnia and apply these to yourself, because some of them are really good tactics of helping people sleep and get their sleeping pattern back on track.
Reply 3
Original post by danuuutka
I'm npt claiming you have insomnia at all, BUT what you could do is research ways that help people with insomnia and apply these to yourself, because some of them are really good tactics of helping people sleep and get their sleeping pattern back on track.

Thanks. Is insomnia genetic? My dad has it.
Original post by Cherub012
Thanks. Is insomnia genetic? My dad has it.

I'm not a 100% sure how genetic it is, but I do know that there is some hereditary factor to it, so perhaps you might be more predisposed to develop sleeping issues than the general population.
Reply 5
Original post by danuuutka
I'm not a 100% sure how genetic it is, but I do know that there is some hereditary factor to it, so perhaps you might be more predisposed to develop sleeping issues than the general population.

Thanks. I'll check it up with my GP. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest