The Student Room Group

Complicated situation

So me and a girl from uni are dating, and since being home for easter away from uni (2 weeks) we havent spoken at all. I havent messaged her, but neither has she messaged me.

The same situation occured over the christmas holidays, I think I sent 2 messages over 3 weeks, and when we met back after the time away we just kinda carried on from where we were beforehand. She is a very hard person to read. The only time we ever really message each other is to organise meeting up. I just dont really feel like I ever have anything other to say to her.

Dont get me wrong shes a top lass and super interesting, but we'll never be anything more than dating. I dont want to 'break up' (if thats the right term) over a text, cause Im not a dick and would still want to be her friend, but I kinda want to avoid an awkward situation when we speak again. hence I am left confused as about what to do

Option 1: Sit it out, then message her soon before I head back to uni and hope itll just be like after christmas. If it isnt itll create a very awkward situation

Option 2: message her now. If so what do I say? we havent spoken for 2 weeks and I dont want to be a loser who pipes up asking how her easters going without anything of significance to say.

Option 3: cut it off now.
Original post by Anonymous
So me and a girl from uni are dating, and since being home for easter away from uni (2 weeks) we havent spoken at all. I havent messaged her, but neither has she messaged me.

The same situation occured over the christmas holidays, I think I sent 2 messages over 3 weeks, and when we met back after the time away we just kinda carried on from where we were beforehand. She is a very hard person to read. The only time we ever really message each other is to organise meeting up. I just dont really feel like I ever have anything other to say to her.

Dont get me wrong shes a top lass and super interesting, but we'll never be anything more than dating. I dont want to 'break up' (if thats the right term) over a text, cause Im not a dick and would still want to be her friend, but I kinda want to avoid an awkward situation when we speak again. hence I am left confused as about what to do

Option 1: Sit it out, then message her soon before I head back to uni and hope itll just be like after christmas. If it isnt itll create a very awkward situation

Option 2: message her now. If so what do I say? we havent spoken for 2 weeks and I dont want to be a loser who pipes up asking how her easters going without anything of significance to say.

Option 3: cut it off now.

I think everyone will go for options 3 with you. It would make youtube.

You say she is super interesting but you cant be bothered to talk?

You sounds like a real keeper.

You either done have any communication skills , just arent interested or are happy to settle for mediocrity. Send her some decent flowers and see what effect that has.
Just text her ffs it's not that hard. Just be like hey babe (or whatever tf you call her) how are you doing? Then use your brain and carry on texting.

If that's too hard, you're kinda a lost cause - just saying
She's probably sitting at home thinking, "Why doesn't he ever contact me?" Contact her.
If you like her message her, it doesn't have to be groundbreaking just ask how her holiday's going and what she's been up to. Let her know you're looking forward to seeing her again.

If you don't like her break up with her. Although preferably wait and do it in person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending