The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do something you enjoy (to avoid being dissapointed) and if possible something you feel will help you in a future career. Maybe try to the UCAS stamford test?
Jacksonxvi
Do something you enjoy (to avoid being dissapointed) and if possible something you feel will help you in a future career. Maybe try to the UCAS stamford test?

Thank you! Yeh I did try that and it always comes up with english and communication media psychology. But there's nothing I actually think I really enjoy, which I know sounds a bit stupid. So this is where I become confused and stuck.
Reply 3
I'm guessing something arts based (as opposed to Science) is the best option. If you enjoy English or Philosophy what about studying them at degree level? Otherwise there are subjects like Law, Business, Education, Sociology, Politics and if you're interested in Media you may even consider Film and Television or Media and Culture.

I'm not too sure about the first question but I know Cardiff offers Journalism combined with Film and Media; it was voted one of the top three schools for the subject. Definitely worth considering if you decide Journalism/Media is for you. Good luck.
Reply 4
princesslucia23
Thank you! Yeh I did try that and it always comes up with english and communication media psychology. But there's nothing I actually think I really enjoy, which I know sounds a bit stupid. So this is where I become confused and stuck.

I think the thing you should be doing now is looking at prospective unis and seeing what their course offers in english or some other subject you think you MAY like, see what they offer etc as some can be very different. If you find after reading you will really dislike it you know its not a degree for you. Still plenty of time left to apply, but best to start working on it now!

Latest