The Student Room Group

Tesco giving less than 24 hours notice for an interview- instant rejection

I applied for a few jobs at tesco and randomly got a call at 5:30pm "Would you be available for interviews I'll be conducting at 3pm tomorrow"

I explained that I wasn't able to do tomorrow as I'm away on holiday until tomorrow.

To which the person replied, "Okay no worries, bye now" and hung up.

Minutes later I got an email stating that I wouldn't be considered for the role anymore.

Does anyone else think that it's unfair to give such short notice?

Or do you think the lack of bothering to fit a different time was a sign that I wasn't really being considered?
Original post by DanielSmith1999
I applied for a few jobs at tesco and randomly got a call at 5:30pm "Would you be available for interviews I'll be conducting at 3pm tomorrow"

I explained that I wasn't able to do tomorrow as I'm away on holiday until tomorrow.

Minutes later I got an email stating that I wouldn't be considered for the role anymore.

Or do you think the lack of bothering to fit a different time was a sign that I wasn't really being considered?

unfortunately that's the way jobs with immediate starts can be like
Original post by DanielSmith1999

Not sure what the hell went on there, when I got a job at Tesco I got options for my interview to be held at various times in the week. It could be they are only looking to hire a few people and everyone else could do that day and because you can't you're thought of as a burden. I wouldn't let it bother you, but that is rude.
(edited 7 years ago)
When I intervew for my business, I don't give out interview invites until a max of 2 hours before hand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending