The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by honour
That must mean you're more mature than your age :h:

No, haha, just sore and run down.

I an relatively old to still be in university, though. Not long left!
Original post by gjd800
No, haha, just sore and run down.

I an relatively old to still be in university, though. Not long left!

Oooh are you doing a PhD in Philosophy?
Reply 82
Original post by honour
Oooh are you doing a PhD in Philosophy?

Yes, for my sins.
Original post by gjd800
Yes, for my sins.

Amazing, I could never do a PhD because I don't have that kind of commitment. You must be working so hard right now, I hope it's coming along really well. :smile:
Well if your only with her based on her appearance then you may be in trouble😂😂😂😂. Personally if my boyfriend ever told me that I'd be like bah bye! I mean if she likes make up and feels better with it what's the issue? I get she looks different but no ones born looking perfect! I mean maybe you could ask her not too all the time but honestly how could you not know about fake lashes and stuff, it's really obvious when someone's wearing them.
no offence pal but grow up. Do you expect her to have naturally long eyelashes and an airbrushed face??? She's an actual human being- not everyone can be perfect.
Why are you asking for help? You need to stop being so judgemental !!! So what if her face is a bit fatter? Do you look like a hollister model? I actually feel sorry for your girlfriend; having a boyfriend who cries over her not looking the same wearing makeup. Also it's not up for discussion as it is HER BODY AND THEREFORE HER FACE. YOU HAVE NO SAY IN WHAT SHE DOES WITH IT !!!!!!
Wow, were you dumb enough to think she "naturally" had naturally fluttery eyelashes and sparkly eyeshadow and "naturally" had eyeliner and "naturally" had red or whatever colour lipstick she wears, lips?
Original post by Eilidhsimon
I'm not attacking you haha and thanks for making jokes about my insecurity, it's only what society has manipulated us into doing

Im not making jokes about your insecurity, you're just making it blatantly obvious that you are. Truth is, you can put make up as you like and we'll be attracted to whoever we like.
Original post by the bear
it is what is inside her that matters.

:giggle:
Reply 89
looool, take her swimming
Reply 90
i don't see the problem here, i mean it's basically like you're going out with two different girls uknow :gthumb:
Original post by Eilidhsimon
It's her choice whether she wears it or not

true :hoppy:
get a friking grip you need "help" because you saw your girl without makeup...
Reply 93
have a Brian chat with her...

[video="youtube;GhZo_96ZaQs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZo_96ZaQs[/video]
I get where you're coming from buddy but ultimately it's her choice to wear makeup or not, controlling that is controlling HER as a person, not just your RELATIONSHIP. If you last as a couple, you'll probably see her without makeup a lot more times and you'll get used to it honestly. If you really can't get beyond it, then just break-up with her mate, it's peak but not as peak as controlling her.
Original post by Anonymous
We've been dating for a few week's now and I accidentally saw her without make up today. She looks like a completely different person, not in a necessarily bad way but her features are significantly different. Her face looked slimmer before and now it's fat all of a sudden, her nose also seem's more rounder. Her eyelashes disappeared too lol, I was confused regarding her lashes, but then I read that some girls wear fake one's which I find weird tbh. I'm not saying she's unattractive without make up, but I kind of feel deceived. Do you think I should talk to her about this?, I want her to wear less make up so I can get used her face, I think the sudden change caught me off guard.

Photos or it did not happen
tell her she looks beautiful without makeup whenever you see her natural. You'll learn to love and possibly prefer her without makeup. If something like this impacts your relationship negatively then you're not mature enough for one. Sorry bud
Original post by Anonymous
We've been dating for a few week's now and I accidentally saw her without make up today. She looks like a completely different person, not in a necessarily bad way but her features are significantly different. Her face looked slimmer before and now it's fat all of a sudden, her nose also seem's more rounder. Her eyelashes disappeared too lol, I was confused regarding her lashes, but then I read that some girls wear fake one's which I find weird tbh. I'm not saying she's unattractive without make up, but I kind of feel deceived. Do you think I should talk to her about this?, I want her to wear less make up so I can get used her face, I think the sudden change caught me off guard.

The features being different is because of a makeup technique called contouring, honey.

And your unrealistic expectations of a woman, and indeed the way she presents herself, is because of a societal phenomenon which we call, "the patriarchy".
Isn't it sad that women put on so much make-up. Whatever the reason is.
She's the same person inside though right? So what's the problem?

That's my help

Latest

Trending

Trending