The Student Room Group

Why complain and do nothing about it?

I see so many complain about how they hate how something is in their lives and when there is an opportunity to solve it or make it better, they don't want to or can't be bothered!

So here's some harsh reality for those who CAN do something about it but won't: Stop complaining and actually do something

Hope this motivates someone.

Scroll to see replies

I complain a lot.

But I am also doing something about it :borat:
I hate the fact that i haven't got a girlfriend but i can't do anything about it because im so ugly and hideous and i haven't even hugged and kissed a girl at the age of 24 so you tell me how to turn my life around mate with out going up to a girl in the street asking for a date and getting a slap.

Answer you can't because my life is too far over to turn around
Reply 3
Original post by footballman123
I hate the fact that i haven't got a girlfriend but i can't do anything about it because im so ugly and hideous and i haven't even hugged and kissed a girl at the age of 24 so you tell me how to turn my life around mate with out going up to a girl in the street asking for a date and getting a slap.

Jesus, man. Just go on a dating site or something
Reply 4

What Amefish said. Dating sites is a option to try change it. There's always a way!
Ye, im on Plenty of fish and never get any replies. And i have messaged loads of women and no i don't say Just Hi. I view the profile. They view me and don't respond.

So yeah, that one didn't work out the way you wanted to did it
Reply 6
Very motivational - thank you so much :smile:
Reply 7
Ye, im on Plenty of fish and never get any replies. And i have messaged loads of women and no i don't say Just Hi. I view the profile. They view me and don't respond.

This is aimed at people who complain BUT do nothing. Good luck
Reply 8
Original post by ChickenMadness
I complain a lot.

But I am also doing something about it :borat:

That's great :smile: I'm not saying people can't complain, but it gets to a point where they're still complaining about the same thing for ages, and still do nothing! They need to hear some tough love. Bugs me lol
Original post by Anonymous
This is aimed at people who complain BUT do nothing. Good luck

But how do you expect me to do something about it if no women will actually answer my messages or even view me. I am getting sick and tired of dating sites and getting depressed. But i don't even know how and where i can meet women, talk to them without sounding pervy or getting punched in the face by their brothers or other male friends.

Or they might even laugh at me because i am so hideous anyway
But how do you expect me to do something about it if no women will actually answer my messages or even view me. I am getting sick and tired of dating sites and getting depressed. But i don't even know how and where i can meet women, talk to them without sounding pervy or getting punched in the face by their brothers or other male friends.

Or they might even laugh at me because i am so hideous anyway

No one is incapable of getting a date. Either you're approaching women who are way out of your league or something is wrong with the way you're interacting with them so you're putting them off.

Something like tinder where you only talk after both have swiped?
oooooh didn't know OP was an expert on EVERYONE'S life
I don't even know how to interact with women mate. I have high functioning autism and have never had a proper female friend before. I don't even know a good conversational starter to talk to females. I go to college and just sit in silence because im scared that im going to look stupid or scared. I just don't know how to meet females and talk to them and what i would talk to them about. I can't just say hi your pretty fancy going out for a coffee because that would seem weird. I have no experience with people my age
oooooh didn't know OP was an expert on EVERYONE'S life

Are you in denial or just ignorant
Reply 15
People just love complaining. Thus the snowflake generation was created
Original post by Integer
Are you in denial or just ignorant

denial about what

Just an FYI, most girls are far more attracted to confidence and humour than anything else.
If a girls feelings towards you were based mianly on your appearance, would you want to be with her anyway?
I just want a girl to be with me because she likes who i am, my humor, my appearance and confidence.

The reason why i have never kissed, hugged or held a girls hand is because i am hideous and ugly, i have only just realized it now how much of a beast i look like and i hate myself.

Why do you think females never look at me when im out in public, or anything like that, its because i look perfetic. And even if they didn't think that how the hell would i know, i have no idea what a good conversational starter is when talking to females my age, i volunteer yes and speak to older women but never see people my age, it gets me down so much i feel like crying and screaming. I also don't know where, and how to know if its a good idea to talk to females
I see so many complain about how they hate how something is in their lives and when there is an opportunity to solve it or make it better, they don't want to or can't be bothered!

So here's some harsh reality for those who CAN do something about it but won't: Stop complaining and actually do something

Hope this motivates someone.

Well said.
I agree, people find it a lot easier to talk about how bad they have it. But actually taking action themselves? It's far too much effort for them. Which just goes to show how true the phrase "actions speak louder than words" really is.

Quick Reply

Latest