The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DazYa777
great advice, think i'll have to wait until monday though..... so you are waiting for your forms now?

i am going to get a call from the doctor ( monday ) at the head of admissions or whatever and he'll confirm my place

I'm waiting for my insurance to notify UCAS, who will then send me my CEF, which I can send with the RH forms that I recieved this morning back to the Admissions Office. Good luck.
waiting2smile
I'm waiting for my insurance to notify UCAS, who will then send me my CEF, which I can send with the RH forms that I recieved this morning back to the Admissions Office. Good luck.

1) Get insurance to notify UCAS

2) They send the CEF forms which you fill out and send to the university of your choice

3) The university you want to go to will also send a form ( application type i think )

4) you send the two forms to the university of your choice

5) they confirm your place

6) owned kkthx.

you're a star waiting2smile, as always
Reply 82
Invisible
meepmeep off UKL did absolutely amazing in my view. He goes to a bad state school in Leeds and got Top 5 Further Maths and is going to Cambridge to Mathematics, Trinity college.

That's what I call "talent".

He self taught himself Further Maths and is one of the best in the nation. Immense.

Aww shucks. :biggrin: (although it's not exactly a bad state school - the sixth form is among the top 5 state schools in Leeds even if it isn't as good as Horsforth). I missed my STEP grade as well, but they let me in (I'd have been happy to get into my insurance offer, Warwick, as well though). I'm dead happy with my results, though I wouldn't quite hype them up THAT far, but thanks anyway (I've finished my day of quiet smugness now :wink: )

Meanwhile, good luck to anybody who's having to fight through clearing to get into uni (although I'm sure a fair few of you will be sorted by now).
Reply 83
Red
Please, this is getting ridiculous!!!!

So what if people want to "moan" about losing marks!!!
This forum allows people to speak freely and opening and to mock people for doing that is just sad!

If there are some people that are just showing off their A's then wots the problem? They have worked really hard to achieve those marks!!
If they are not mocking ur own results, then wot is the problem?????

Some people my be upset for missing marks, so wot?
We shud comfort those who feel down, not MOCK them!

I understand what you are saying, Red, and indeed all people should feel entitled to express their feelings towards their results on the message board, without fear of being mocked. However, I can't help but feel that in some cases, to be quite frank, they are asking for it. These people do need our help and sympathy, but not in relating to their disappointment for the brilliant results they got that they are still not satisfied with (I'll swap you, brainiacs!) but in understanding just how many people out there did not even get 1a-c grade, and how belittled these people are feeling when they read those of you who didn't quite make it to the top in your field in the entire country, sounding as though your life is over. It is true to say that we need to offer our comfort to those who feel down, but please, remember to put just how low you're feeling into perspective, as I am sure that there are millions of people out there who would swap all these A's for their results and who are genuinely gutted, but are too scared to ask for help and comfort due to the daftness of others moaning over one or two marks when they've already got a really really high A anyway.This is my response to your question (although undoubtedly rhetorical). This is what the problem is with these people-they're not really the ones who need our comfort, they are the lucky ones.
:rolleyes:
Reply 84
Scary that some people don't recognise satire when they see it.
Learn to laugh at yourself or you might as well bite down on that L-Pill (obscure reference to SOE but all you historians out there should know what I'm talking about).
Now, I'm off to write a ground breaking satirical essay about eating the children of the poor. No, wait, that's already been done. Sh*t, and I thought I had it made!
bratcat
Scary that some people don't recognise satire when they see it.
Learn to laugh at yourself or you might as well bite down on that L-Pill (obscure reference to SOE but all you historians out there should know what I'm talking about).
Now, I'm off to write a ground breaking satirical essay about eating the children of the poor. No, wait, that's already been done. Sh*t, and I thought I had it made!

I did recongise the satire that was 'meant' to be portrayed in kingslaw post. But satire is described as witty language, which it was far from. Yes it was insulting, but not the kind of insult that is amusing.

Jay

Latest

Trending

Trending