The Student Room Group

How to accept a Master's at one place and keep the other as a conditional>

Hi,

I've applied for a Masters course at the University of Birmingham directly and at Oxford Brookes via UKPASS. Brookes have already made me an easy offer through UKPASS, but I'm still waiting on Birmingham.

How would I accept an offer at Birmingham, whilst keeping my Brookes offer open in case I don't meet the entry requirement? The Birmingham application was direct via they're website, so I can't make a conditional and insurance offer like you can with UCAS Undergraduate applications.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by con1259
Hi,

I've applied for a Masters course at the University of Birmingham directly and at Oxford Brookes via UKPASS. Brookes have already made me an easy offer through UKPASS, but I'm still waiting on Birmingham.

How would I accept an offer at Birmingham, whilst keeping my Brookes offer open in case I don't meet the entry requirement? The Birmingham application was direct via they're website, so I can't make a conditional and insurance offer like you can with UCAS Undergraduate applications.

Thanks in advance!

Firm and insurance offers don't really apply to postgrad study. As long as you don't have a deadline to accept or a deposit to pay you should be fine but do let the unis know ASAP if you don't intend to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending