The Student Room Group

Girl paying half for second date?

Is it normal for people to split the bill on a second date? In my culture this is frowned upon as it's expected that the guy looks after the girl fully and that includes paying for dates. This is the first time I've had to pay on a date and I found it a bit off putting...

Scroll to see replies

Why?

Stop with the entitled attitude. It's embarrassing.
Reply 2
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Why?

I think I agree with you for once.
Jesus, pay for your food.
Original post by Anonymous
Is it normal for people to split the bill on a second date? In my culture this is frowned upon as it's expected that the guy looks after the girl fully and that includes paying for dates. This is the first time I've had to pay on a date and I found it a bit off putting...

Why is it off putting?
Roles have become similar not segregated, you shouldn't have to depend on the man financially as a breadwinner, it's the 21st century
I agree. As a female, I wouldn't expect him to pay for every single date.
Why shouldn't you pay?
Reply 7
Don't blame you being stingy on your culture lol
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

What's your culture and what is the culture of the person you went on a date with?
I'd personally pay for both everytime, but he doesn't have to :smile:
Whether it's the first date or 30 years of marriage, a woman should never pay for the date, even if it's half.
I'd make you pay half on the first date. and expect sex.
Original post by cadaanshaydaan
Whether it's the first date or 30 years of marriage, a woman should never pay for the date, even if it's half.

How does that work when you are in a same sex relationship?
Reply 13

Why?

Uh hello this is 2017, not 1953.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Why?

But I have a lot to offer, and I'm hot so I could easily just move on to the next guy. I was a bit shocked
Original post by Danny the Geezer
I'd make you pay half on the first date. and expect sex.

Haha my boy lol
Original post by Meany Pie
How does that work when you are in a same sex relationship?

If I was on a date with a girl, I wouldn't mind paying the full bill or splitting half, I assume it's the same with gay men and other variations of same sex relationships.
Original post by Jirga
Why?

Why would I waste money to spend time with a guy?
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Uh hello this is 2017, not 1953.

At least men in the 1953 paid for ****. Men in 2017 cry about inequality when they have to pay for pizza.
Reply 18
If I was on a date with a girl, I wouldn't mind paying the full bill or splitting half, I assume it's the same with gay men and other variations of same sex relationships.

Why would I waste money to spend time with a guy?

At least men in the 1953 paid for ****. Men in 2017 cry about inequality when they have to pay for pizza.

Why would he waste money to spend time with you?

So why the discrimination against men?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending