The Student Room Group

My height is making me so miserable.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm 5'7. Unfortunately I'm also male. :frown:

Can't describe how pathetic it makes me feel. I feel like I'm less of a man because of it. I'm proud of myself for my other traits but just can't get over my bitterness at losing out in this area. I hate the way taller men mock shorter ones. I hate how unattractive it makes me to the opposite sex. I can't help but feel inadequate knowing that physically I'm so far from the tall, strapping man that all girls want. I have enough pride to never be with anyone who is "settling". At the same time I wonder if I will ever find a girl who truly wants a guy my height, rather than overlooking it because I'm a good person or have money. Having no value to the opposite sex is gutting at times. Humiliating knowing I will never be desired.

What can I do. Most girls are pretty much my height or not far off these days. Plenty actually seem taller. Girls are obsessed with height in the same way that obsessed with looks. I don't blame them. I'm not angry at them just at the realities of my situation. I just wish some of them could see past my height. Girl's standards are bordering on ridiculous. The bottom line is they don't find short guys attractive.

I am 5'2 and female, I like guys who are taller than me, but then again I gave never been in a relationship but I still have an idea of what I like. For me to find a guy taller than me is easier because I'm compared to everyone else my age. You'll find someone who cares about you and overlooks your height, for me personality is more important anyway.
Reply 21
Just keep trying to get girls who you are atleast a few inches taller then you, and you should be able to get a woman.

only 20% or less or men are tall so all girls can not have a tall guy which doesn't mean they are settling for you.
i feel blessed reading this and being 6"2
Reply 23
Original post by jakebonnington
as a 5"2 trans male i relate to this

so you're a female
I'm 5'2 and I would date a guy who was 5'7, if the girl is short then she probs won't be to bothered. I know a guy who is smaller than me and the same age and he has gone out with quite a few girls. Don't worry about it, be confident in who you are and you'll be fine not all girls are that picky over height. My dad for example is only 5'5 and has been married to my mum who is 5'7 for almost 15 years:smile:
atleast you'll have a smaller body:dick ratio

well, that's if you dont have a tiny dick ofcourse
Original post by DanM99
Trust me, height isn't everything. You should embrace the fact that you are the height you are. Instead of getting down about it, act confident. Show that you don't care. Most girls find confidence a very attractive trait, even more so than height. Look at Tom Cruise, Matt Bellamy or Richard Hammond, for example. They're not exactly tall either but they manage. There are plenty of girls out there who will like you for who you are. Be confident!

Zac Efron and Dave Franco too.

Tbh you can't really compare people with fame and wealth (and often looks) to ordinary folk. But clearly plenty of men this height have been successful. It's only really a bit of a hindrance in terms of dating. Not nothing too major.
Original post by haizybaby
I'm 5'2 and I would date a guy who was 5'7, if the girl is short then she probs won't be to bothered. I know a guy who is smaller than me and the same age and he has gone out with quite a few girls. Don't worry about it, be confident in who you are and you'll be fine not all girls are that picky over height. My dad for example is only 5'5 and has been married to my mum who is 5'7 for almost 15 years:smile:

I think the issue is not whether you would, but whether you would actually want to.

OP is basically worried that nobody would be genuinely happy with a guy his height. Not just putting up with it but deep down wanting someone taller.
Original post by stefano865
I think the issue is not whether you would, but whether you would actually want to.

OP is basically worried that nobody would be genuinely happy with a guy his height. Not just putting up with it but deep down wanting someone taller.

Ohhh, well honestly if a guy was 5'7 and he had a good personality and we got on well his height wouldn't even come into my mind, in general I don't take much notice of guys heights unless they are smaller than me.
Justin Bieber is 5'7 and he could probs get any girl he wanted, don't worry too much about it!
I don't like how people are saying that a woman will settle for him, it makes op sound like he is inadequate. OP, height doesn't matter if you push the right buttons on a woman, make sure your confident and appear well (dress smart, style hair bla bla bla), if anything you should be settling for the women. Don't let your mindset put yourself at a disadvantage.

I'm 5'9 and have had women the same height show an interest in me as well as shorter girls.
Honestly, I prefer shorter guys. Being 4'10 and all - I was with someone that was 6'7 once... people thought he was my father from behind, ffs.
Hello, 5"7' 19 year old male here

I was once worried about my height, but now I just don't give a **** and no one else does either, and now I don't even notice being "short". Jut takes a bit of time to get used it.

Not all girls are into uber-tall guys, some don't mind the shorter man. I know at least 3 "short guys" at my school with girlfriends, and they are all shorter than me. In fact, one of them has a slightly taller girlfriend!
I'm 5'5/5'6. It's not too bad down here imo.
What happened to your avatar?

I am gay. For Dean.
I thought 5'7 was ok? Im TINY! Im 16 and im 5'1 😂 I hate my height everyone's taller than me. there's nothing wrong with your height!
Reply 36
Original post by stefano865
Only an inch shorter than James Dean. :wink:

hes buff no homo
Hard as it is, you have to try and make the best of it, there are plenty of girls who would be happy with someone with your height.
Original post by LBC97.3
hes buff no homo

Quality sausage innit.
I'm a 5'4 male bro lol ye it's hard af

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending