The Student Room Group

English lit Mistake!

I did a question for Jekyll and Hyde was: Explain how characters help others in the novel? My two points linked to the question but for my third point I argued against the question ( that Enfield doesn't help Jekyll when he trampled on the girl) because I couldn't think of anymore quotes. So will I get marked down for this...
(edited 6 years ago)
Btw this is for edexcel.
If the question didn't say "how far do you agree," or "to what extent," or "as a reader, do you agree?".
Then you are sadly going to be marked down.
Original post by Sanjith Hegde123
If the question didn't say "how far do you agree," or "to what extent," or "as a reader, do you agree?".

:frown:
Original post by GCSE 9
:frown:

Listen, you got 2 points down correctly, as long your level of detail is good in the third, you can still get a couple of marks. Forget literature now, its gone. You can still get a good grade in language.
Reply 5
You won't be marked down, examiners use positive marking
And making two good points, if developed enough is still fine so dw
I'm still stressing about messing up my unseen poetry tbh it was really bad
Reply 6
Original post by Sanjith Hegde123

You don't ever get marked down in English for that. They use positive marking where you gain marks for anything correct or interesting, but you don't gain or lose any for saying something perhaps irrelevant as such.
Original post by Dizgurl
You don't ever get marked down in English for that. They use positive marking where you gain marks for anything correct or interesting, but you don't gain or lose any for saying something perhaps irrelevant as such.

by marked down, I meant the examiners will give you less marks accordingly. So, he won't be penalized is that he won't be meeting certain assessment criteria's
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DD2508
You won't be marked down, examiners use positive marking
And making two good points, if developed enough is still fine so dw
I'm still stressing about messing up my unseen poetry tbh it was really bad

I hope that you get a good grade :h: and is it still possible for me to get high marks if two of my points were really good. For instance, in one of my points I said that jekyll tries to help hyde but fails to- I also included psycoanalytical critisism which i'm happy about. Also, what points did you talk about.:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by GCSE 9
I hope that you get a good grade :h: and is it still possible for me to get high marks if two of my points were really good. For instance, in one of my points I said that jekyll tries to help hyde but fails to- I also included psycoanalytical critisism which i'm happy about. Also, what points did you talk about.:smile:

If your points were good, which they do sound then you can still get a high mark :smile:
I think I talked about Enfield helping the girl's family by threatening Hyde and making him compensate for the harm, utterson trying to help Jekyll and Poole helping Jekyll.
Original post by DD2508
If your points were good, which they do sound then you can still get a high mark :smile:
I think I talked about Enfield helping the girl's family by threatening Hyde and making him compensate for the harm, utterson trying to help Jekyll and Poole helping Jekyll.

Thank you :smile: but the thing is that I said the same point as yours and used the quote "we told them we could and we would make a scandel out of this" and I said how enfiled threatens Hyde and doesn't help him. However, I didn't say that enfield helps the girls family. I sort of implied through saying that enfield is threatening to tarnish Hyde's reputation. Should that be fine or have I not answered the question directly.
Reply 11
Original post by GCSE 9
I did a question for Jekyll and Hyde was: Explain how characters help others in the novel? My two points linked to the question but for my third point I argued against the question ( that Enfield doesn't help Jekyll when he trampled on the girl) because I couldn't think of anymore quotes. So will I get marked down for this...

(I don't do Jekyll and Hyde but)
I think if you did link it to the general idea of help in the novel and how this lack of help contrasted other characters/themes in the novel that you presented in the first two paragraphs ,you will get marks for that because it shows an understanding of the theme in the novel.
Original post by reubm01
(I don't do Jekyll and Hyde but)
I think if you did link it to the general idea of help in the novel and how this lack of help contrasted other characters/themes in the novel that you presented in the first two paragraphs ,you will get marks for that because it shows an understanding of the theme in the novel.

Thank you and that's what I did for the first two paragraphs but for the last one I still talked about help but I answered it opposite to the question. so I meant if I can still get marks for the third paragraph :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending