The Student Room Group

I don't think I made the conditions of my offer, can I reapply next year?

I got a conditional offer (DDM) for Biology for my first choice, University of Dundee, but I didn't do anywhere near as well as I hoped. I don't know what my final grade is yet, but I don't think I got the right grades- by my calculations, the very highest I could have got is DMM, and I'm not even sure I got that. If I didn't, I doubt there's any chance of them offering me the place anyway.

My insurance choice is an unconditional offer, but I don't really want to go there. Would it be possible to turn the offers down and reapply next year? In the mean time, I was hoping to get some work experience, which I thought might make my application good enough for them to consider me, even with a lower grade.
Reply 1
Original post by abbie d
I got a conditional offer (DDM) for Biology for my first choice, University of Dundee, but I didn't do anywhere near as well as I hoped. I don't know what my final grade is yet, but I don't think I got the right grades- by my calculations, the very highest I could have got is DMM, and I'm not even sure I got that. If I didn't, I doubt there's any chance of them offering me the place anyway.

My insurance choice is an unconditional offer, but I don't really want to go there. Would it be possible to turn the offers down and reapply next year? In the mean time, I was hoping to get some work experience, which I thought might make my application good enough for them to consider me, even with a lower grade.

You can reapply, but it's unlikely that some work experience will make your application strong enough for you to be accepted.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You can reapply, but it's unlikely that some work experience will make your application strong enough for you to be accepted.

Is there anything I could do to make it stronger? Should I ask if I can repeat the second year of the course?
Original post by abbie d

1. I agree with Juno that work experience is unlikely to help you.
2. I agree with you not to accept your unconditional.
3. You dont actually have your result yet and they may take you on DMM.
4. Contact Pearson and get them to confirm its possible to resit. I believe it is, but you cant cash out your exam. Rather than me look it up, it is better for you to check with them the exact procedure and confirm it is possible.

Pearson contact details

Learner Support helpdesk is open 09:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m (UK time) Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.

You can call us on: 0845 618 0440* (within the UK) +44 (0) 161 855 7514 (outside the UK)
*Calls cost 3p per minute plus your phone company's access charge.

5. Talk to your college about making the arrangements,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending