The Student Room Group

Anyone wanna share their 1st time/1st relationship stories?

I'm about to go off to uni in October and I've been thinking recently about what it's gonna be like to have sex for the 1st time & have a serious relationship for the 1st time since I've had neither. I've imagined the former being really different from sitting in my room having a **** with my headphones on since it's an experience you actually share with someone else that doesn't leave right after you're done. And as for having a 1st girlfriend; I'm not sure I have an accurate idea of what that's gonna be like because I've never really had a similar experience before (apart from a couple of short term crushes at school but I don't think that counts). Actually that goes for both :smile:. Basically I've got all these ideas about what it's gonna be like and I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to share their stories of 1st times and/or 1st boy/girlfriends to satisfy my curiosity and also because I'm interested if my loose ideas and expectations are actually accurate.

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares, I know this kinda thing is really personal :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm about to go off to uni in October and I've been thinking recently about what it's gonna be like to have sex for the 1st time & have a serious relationship for the 1st time since I've had neither. I've imagined the former being really different from sitting in my room having a **** with my headphones on since it's an experience you actually share with someone else that doesn't leave right after you're done. And as for having a 1st girlfriend; I'm not sure I have an accurate idea of what that's gonna be like because I've never really had a similar experience before (apart from a couple of short term crushes at school but I don't think that counts). Actually that goes for both :smile:. Basically I've got all these ideas about what it's gonna be like and I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to share their stories of 1st times and/or 1st boy/girlfriends to satisfy my curiosity and also because I'm interested if my loose ideas and expectations are actually accurate.

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares, I know this kinda thing is really personal :wink:

I had my first relationship at 17 and I was terrible.

I didn't appreciate her enough.

My low self confidence was not helping her attraction to me.

I was too clingy.

I wasn't interesting enough, I didn't have lots of friends or places to go.

How much has changed.. I do not know :lol:
My first girlfriend is my best friend of 6 years. It's great right now i feel like she's the one. It's kinda creepy that we're so similar even though people say 'opposites attract', but I don't think that's necessarily true. Everyone's relationships are different though so don't base your expectations on other peoples stories. Don't go out looking for a girlfriend I think you should wait for it to happen naturally because it will eventually and I think this way you're more likely too find the one than someone who's creepy and desperate. I can't say anything about sex because it hasn't happened yet but that's not just what you should be looking forward to.
Partner sex is, to borrow someone's quote, a conversation not a speech. It's not something you can forecast reliably, just as thinking about what you want to say isn't a particularly accurate prediction of how a conversation with someone is going to go.

If you want to know what the physical sensations of penis-in-vagina sex are like, get a Fleshlight.
Original post by unprinted
Partner sex is, to borrow someone's quote, a conversation not a speech. It's not something you can forecast reliably, just as thinking about what you want to say isn't a particularly accurate prediction of how a conversation with someone is going to go.

If you want to know what the physical sensations of penis-in-vagina sex are like, get a Fleshlight.

yeah, that's what I was trying to get across, I'm really interested in what other peoples' expectations were and if they were right. I'm not actually to bothered about the, as you put the penis-in-vagina sensation rather than the being intimate with another person both emotionally (the romance and the relationship) and physically (the sex).
If you wouldn't mind I'd be interested to know if it was different to how you imagined it but it's cool if you don't wanna share :smile:
I think it might help make me more grounded when it comes (no pun intended, I'm so sorry but I had to say it) to it but as you say it's hard to predict exactly how things are gonna go. Thanks for the advise anyways.

Also, I am OP. Didn't mean to post the original post anonymously.
(edited 6 years ago)
It's difficult to know what to say, including knowing what counts as a 'serious relationship'. Does one where some sexual stuff was done but it was over in a week count?

I'm still going to suggest a Fleshlight. As well as being enjoyable for themselves, it's a good way to experience the more subtle physical sensations of partner sex on your own.
Original post by unprinted
It's difficult to know what to say, including knowing what counts as a 'serious relationship'. Does one where some sexual stuff was done but it was over in a week count?

I'm still going to suggest a Fleshlight. As well as being enjoyable for themselves, it's a good way to experience the more subtle physical sensations of partner sex on your own.

yeah i get what you mean. I guess I'm looking for a bit of wisdom from people who've gone through that 1st time/1st relationship thing...
Thanks for the suggestion though
I know it was young but i had my first relationship when I was 15 with my best friend at the time. And its true what people say, like dont go out looking for it to happen, as I never ever expected to fall in love with this guy ahah.
As for the experience, like it truly is not like anything else, even now when im older and we've been broken up for like a year I get a weird feeling in my stomach, as having someone care about you the amount you care about them is so good.

I mean obvs you have your ups and downs as we're young and ****, and sometimes you can make eachother feel really *****y, but thats all part of it. I feel that relationships and breakups really mature you, as you are experiencing adult emotions that are new and amazing to you.

As for my first time, it was pretty perfect, I mean it hurt but like, at least I can say I did it with someone who loved me eg eg

Although now tbh we never talk and he is one of the biggest dickheads I know ahha, I still look back and am glad I had my first real relationship with him yknow.

so yeha dont go looking for it, just let it happen when it happens cus its worth it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest