The Student Room Group

If you quit drinking alcohol and only vape rather than smoking from age 25 onwards,

how long can you live?

Scroll to see replies

No one can tell how long you will live... it is impossible

My father smoked for 20 years, he just has just started vaping instead for the last 2-3 years. It really has saved his life!

As of drinking, you don't have to quit, you just need to control it. I find drinking socially super fun!
Given that vaping is still lacking much research we actually don't much about it. The long term effects could be awful.
Original post by Meany Pie
Given that vaping is still lacking much research we actually don't much about it. The long term effects could be awful.

Very true! Drinking is great but I can't tolerate smoking/vaping at all!
Original post by Steljoy
Very true! Drinking is great but I can't tolerate smoking/vaping at all!

I drink, I vape and I occasionally smoke. That nicotine is just so good.
Reply 5
Original post by Wannasucceed
how long can you live?

Even mathematics cannot predict such a thing, since natural phenomena cannot be predicted.
I drink, I vape and I occasionally smoke. That nicotine is just so good.

Oooops, didn't mean anything bad, sorryyyyyy :colondollar:
Reply 7
Drinking alcohol, smoking and using drugs are all degenerate

From the moment you touched these intoxicants you chose to walk down this path and now you will face the repercussions. And I know what you're thinking, "Oh if i stop at this age, i'll be fine" yeah try that and see how well you do. Its called a habit for a reason.

You reap what you sow.
Original post by tres1732

From the moment you touched these intoxicants you chose to walk down this path and now you will face the repercussions. And I know what you're thinking, "Oh if i stop at this age, i'll be fine" yeah try that and see how well you do. Its called a habit for a reason.

You reap what you sow.

Everything has a price. With alcohol, I'm prepared to pay the price for an increased chance of health problems in forty years so that I can make the most of my youth now. Having said that, I turn 25 in a few days so I'm getting to point that I can't really be considered "young" any more. But to me, living till I'm 90 is pretty pointless if my last 20 years are spent being effectively immobile and incontinent. Live fast and die (slightly) young.
Original post by Steljoy
Oooops, didn't mean anything bad, sorryyyyyy :colondollar:

Don't worry about it, we all have our own vices... black desert.

You reap what you sow.

You must be fun at parties.

Sighhhh :rofl::rofl: I have finished my College work and I am waiting for university to start, so whats better than gaming? :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Original post by Steljoy
Sighhhh :rofl::rofl: I have finished my College work and I am waiting for university to start, so whats better than gaming? :rolleyes:

Spoiler

If I told you that I would corrupt your innocent soul :fallenangel:
If I told you that I would corrupt your innocent soul :fallenangel:

Innocent? :K: You don't know me then :wink:

Only innocent when I need to be :devil3:
Original post by Steljoy
Innocent? :K: You don't know me then :wink:

Only innocent when I need to be :devil3:

You can't be that corrupted just yet, you haven't been around long enough :biggrin:

We both know it is just an act :h:

You must be fun at parties.

Aw
I understand your need to use these intoxicants because i mean how else are you going to get attention from men :/

Its a hard life!
Aw
I understand your need to use these intoxicants because i mean how else are you going to get attention from men :/

Its a hard life!

I'm a lesbian...

I'm a lesbian...

Brb I feel a bit ill.
Brb I feel a bit ill.

Take all the time you need

You reap what you sow.

Full of bollox. I started drinking when I was 14. Used to LOVE a beer all throughout my late teens and early 20s. At the start of 2016 I just woke up on New Year's Day and though "You know what? I'm gonna stop drinking as of today". That was it. I've not had a drop of alcohol since.

Granted, smoking and other uses of nicotine are likely to become a habit. Drinking and drugs, on the other hand, are mostly done casually and on a weekend for most people, and are not at all habitual and therefore not hard to give up.
It makes so much sense now... Vaping made me gay

Quick Reply

Latest