The Student Room Group

Should i take out car insurance with a company that has bad reviews?

Hey everybody,

So lately i've been on the hunt for a reasonably priced quote for car insurance. Here's the problem though, i have 6 points on my license so trying to find a good quote for my Mini Cooper S has been a nightmare. After numerous hours of scouring the web for a 'cheap' quote i used uSwitch to compare quotes. I found a company called ' Dna Insurance' offering to cover me for 1800. Heres the problem though. I checked their company online after a quick google search only to reveal that this company has TERRIBLE customer reviews only with a few positive feedback. Usually this is enough to put me off a company but i would just like to know if it would be worth it and if anyone has used this insurer before. The last thing i'd want to be is out of pocket. So if you guys could take a look and let me know that would be great, or if you could recommend me any other insurers would also be great.

Any help welcome

Cheers :smile:
Lets be honest, you have a **** record.
So, i would take the cheapest insurance you can get... (£1800 is still ****ing expensive though?!?)

Its evident that your a **** driver, becuase of your 6 points, so i suggest using the bus from now on. Keep the roads safer, without you on them!
If it's the only quote you can get that you're willing to pay then it will have to do. Just pray that you don't need it and swap in a year's time to someone better if you can. Some insurance is better than no insurance.
Reply 3
Original post by money-for-all
Lets be honest, you have a **** record.
So, i would take the cheapest insurance you can get... (£1800 is still ****ing expensive though?!?)

Its evident that your a **** driver, becuase of your 6 points, so i suggest using the bus from now on. Keep the roads safer, without you on them!

Suck your mother?
Normally i'd be inclined to say go with the cheapest but as you already have 6 points it might be worth looking around a bit more for better companies..
Original post by Nishyyyyyyy
Suck your mother?

naa..too busy pointing out **** drivers like you on the road.
LOL @ the 6 points and yet still wanting to look for better insurance quotes.

Take my advice. Use the bus.
Original post by Nishyyyyyyy
Hey everybody,

So lately i've been on the hunt for a reasonably priced quote for car insurance. Here's the problem though, i have 6 points on my license so trying to find a good quote for my Mini Cooper S has been a nightmare. After numerous hours of scouring the web for a 'cheap' quote i used uSwitch to compare quotes. I found a company called ' Dna Insurance' offering to cover me for 1800. Heres the problem though. I checked their company online after a quick google search only to reveal that this company has TERRIBLE customer reviews only with a few positive feedback. Usually this is enough to put me off a company but i would just like to know if it would be worth it and if anyone has used this insurer before. The last thing i'd want to be is out of pocket. So if you guys could take a look and let me know that would be great, or if you could recommend me any other insurers would also be great.

Any help welcome

Cheers :smile:

Can I ask how old you are?
Reply 7
This thread should really be in Cars and Motoring - tagging @AngryJellyfish to get it moved for you :smile:
My instinct says NO.
Original post by money-for-all
naa..too busy pointing out **** drivers like you on the road.
LOL @ the 6 points and yet still wanting to look for better insurance quotes.

Take my advice. Use the bus.

You have no idea what kind of driver they are, their driving skill or why they have points on their license. It's possible that they got those points from 2 incidents where they were caught by a mobile camera van going 31 in a 30 from a police force that are a bit low on tickets and needed a new microwave in the breakroom. Without any prior knowledge you are in no place to judge someone and their driving and even if they were a bad driver what is wrong with wanting cheaper insurance since its all a scam anyway.
Reply 10
Original post by > Louis
You have no idea what kind of driver they are, their driving skill or why they have points on their license. It's possible that they got those points from 2 incidents where they were caught by a mobile camera van going 31 in a 30 from a police force that are a bit low on tickets and needed a new microwave in the breakroom. Without any prior knowledge you are in no place to judge someone and their driving and even if they were a bad driver what is wrong with wanting cheaper insurance since its all a scam anyway.

On the balance of probability, they probably are a bad driver if they've got 6 points.

Your statement regarding insurance being a scam is ridiculous - go run over a kid and pay the hundreds of thousands of £ compensation yourself, then come back and tell us it's a scam :smile:
Original post by Dusky Mauve
If it's the only quote you can get that you're willing to pay then it will have to do. Just pray that you don't need it and swap in a year's time to someone better if you can. Some insurance is better than no insurance.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending