The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Uni of Sheffield Entrance

Hey,

I'm so in love with the Uni of Sheffield and I'm going through one of those mid exam crises where I'm stressing as to whether I'll get into uni. I mean, my exams are going well, I just stress out I guess! I received an offer from the Uni of Sheffield for English Lit, providing I got AAB. Now the predicted grades my teachers sent of were ABB, and I got an offer anyway; so I'm hoping my personal statement really convinced them. Since then I received a scholarship from the Sheffield which left me over the moon, and left me having to write out a second personal statement. If I don't get the grades needed and get my predicted grades, do you think they'll still accept me, especially as I have been offered a scholarship? I know there were plenty of places available in clearing last year for the course too.

Thank you!!
Original post by jammonator1998
I'm so in love with the Uni of Sheffield and I'm going through one of those mid exam crises where I'm stressing as to whether I'll get into uni. I mean, my exams are going well, I just stress out I guess! I received an offer from the Uni of Sheffield for English Lit, providing I got AAB. Now the predicted grades my teachers sent of were ABB, and I got an offer anyway; so I'm hoping my personal statement really convinced them. Since then I received a scholarship from the Sheffield which left me over the moon, and left me having to write out a second personal statement. If I don't get the grades needed and get my predicted grades, do you think they'll still accept me, especially as I have been offered a scholarship? I know there were plenty of places available in clearing last year for the course too.

I grew up in Sheffield, and my father was a Professor in the English department (a long time ago).

Don't panic. They obviously liked you. You say that your exams are going well, so relax! Enjoy Sheffield.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending