The Student Room Group

Late Application for Radiography (second degree)

I realized just under a month ago that there is now funding for Radiography as a second degree.

I've only applied for 1 university (2 weeks ago) but it looks unlikely I'll get in as they only have 4 places left. I am tempted to add another 4 unis and see what sticks at clearing.

So should I just add another 4 now for the sake of it or should I just wait around till clearing is announced and do a mad rush?

Thanks!
Original post by pikapoppins
I realized just under a month ago that there is now funding for Radiography as a second degree.

I've only applied for 1 university (2 weeks ago) but it looks unlikely I'll get in as they only have 4 places left. I am tempted to add another 4 unis and see what sticks at clearing.

So should I just add another 4 now for the sake of it or should I just wait around till clearing is announced and do a mad rush?

Thanks!

1) Do you have A-levels or similar
If you want to add 4 more, go ahead after asking them, as you are a late applicant.( the deadline was the 15th January) or wait until clearing ( 5th July it opens, 17th August will reveal more courses). Another option is applying for 2018 entry, if you can wait a year.
Reply 2
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
1) Do you have A-levels or similar
If you want to add 4 more, go ahead after asking them, as you are a late applicant.( the deadline was the 15th January) or wait until clearing ( 5th July it opens, 17th August will reveal more courses). Another option is applying for 2018 entry, if you can wait a year.

Yes, I've already graduated with a 2:1 degree in Software Engineering and have the A Level qualifications leading up to that too.

I'm trying to do some research into places where they might have places or where they went into clearing last year. :smile:
Yes, I've already graduated with a 2:1 degree in Software Engineering and have the A Level qualifications leading up to that too.

I'm trying to do some research into places where they might have places or where they went into clearing last year. :smile:

To find where went into clearing I'll direct you to the thread that one of the ST put up yesterday (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4793756) or go to the library and ask for a copy of the Daily Telegraph from the 18th August 2016. As I said, 2018 may be a better option in terms of finding a place at this late stage.
Reply 4
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
To find where went into clearing I'll direct you to the thread that one of the ST put up yesterday (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4793756) or go to the library and ask for a copy of the Daily Telegraph from the 18th August 2016. As I said, 2018 may be a better option in terms of finding a place at this late stage.

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately the thread isn't very helpful for those studying outside the topics listed as the search does not work.

Might have to be 2018 job.
Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately the thread isn't very helpful for those studying outside the topics listed as the search does not work.

Might have to be 2018 job.

Go to the physical library if you can and look at the physical copy of the Telegraph (18th August 2016), but as you've said, you might need to wait until 2018 ( application deadline is 15th January 2018)
Have you had a look at clearing as there are quite a few radiography courses in clearing a due to the bursary changes

Thanks!

Exeter has it in clearing
Reply 8
I thought radiography degrees were not funded by the NHS?
Original post by tree123
I thought radiography degrees were not funded by the NHS?

They were covered by NHS bursaries like physio, nursing, midwifery and such, until recently. It's been scrapped as of either this year or last year, I can't remember which precisely.

Quick Reply

Latest