The Student Room Group

Non-Muslims, Would you marry a Muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Zargabaath
Only if was like my profile pic :sexface:

She's not even from a Muslim background.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by SGHD26716
I am a Sikh. Our religious teachers, called Gurus, were killed for refusing to convert to Islam.

I am also quite a traditional person and come from a very traditional family so will likely have an arranged marriage. Whoever I marry, it won't be just me and them living together, my parents will be living with us. For most white people this will be a major culture shock and doubt many would agree to such a marriage. Hence, marrying someone from my own religion would be much better as their beliefs and way of living would be entirely compatible with my own leading to hopefully a successful marriage.

This.

The religion itself is disgusting anyway.
Reply 22
Original post by Allie4
sorry but no

Why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Zargabaath
Only if was like my profile pic :sexface:

She's a good vocalist.
Reply 24
Original post by Jusna
Well you can marry a Punjabi Muslim. Same language and same foods. Same culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you even read my post? Muslims and Sikhs don't marry each other those who do are wrong. If I marry a Muslim, I will have to answer to my parents and the society I live in.

Are you Muslim or white?
Reply 25
Did you even read my post? Muslims and Sikhs don't marry each other those who do are wrong. If I marry a Muslim, I will have to answer to my parents and the society I live in.

Are you Muslim or white?

Yes I read the post. You were talking about keeping the same culture. Why would your parents question you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
She's a good vocalist.

She's certainly got some talent with that mouth, I'd love to experience one of her live performances some day.
Absolutely not. My religion specifically tells me to not eat halal.

Ahahahh
Original post by Jusna
Say if you had to respect certain rules like only eating Halal meat and not drinking.

Also no physical contact before marriage.

If I loved the person, absolutely. But I wouldn't make the compromises. If he loved me, he'd accept my choice to not follow his religion aswell. Two different religions are more than capable to live in harmony with one another!
Reply 29
Original post by Jusna
Yes I read the post. You were talking about keeping the same culture. Why would your parents question you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm literally on the brink of giving up on you. How many times do I have to say. Sikhs don't marry Muslims. Is that simple enough for you to understand?
Only if they didn't expect me to follow their religion. I can respect their choices if they can respect mine, and we can coexist happily.
forreal, I was wondering how many times you were gonna have to repeat yourself.
I'm literally on the brink of giving up on you. How many times do I have to say. Sikhs don't marry Muslims. Is that simple enough for you to understand?
Reply 32

I just don't understand why. Do you mean they don't marry outside the religion at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Jusna
I just don't understand why. Do you mean they don't marry outside the religion at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is not favourable to marry someone outside your own religion. Like I said, arranged marriage is likely to happen. The whole point of this is so that a partner is chosen for you that is not only compatible for me, but with the rest of my family as well. This is because my religion and culture is very family orientated.
Reply 34
It is not favourable to marry someone outside your own religion. Like I said, arranged marriage is likely to happen. The whole point of this is so that a partner is chosen for you that is not only compatible for me, but with the rest of my family as well. This is because my religion and culture is very family orientated.

That'll be hard as there's very few Sikhs in this area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Jusna
That'll be hard as there's very few Sikhs in this area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean this area?
Reply 36
What do you mean this area?

Well in my area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by Jusna
Well in my area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok then
Original post by Jusna

Posted from TSR Mobile

- Sikhs are not people of the book
- Sikhs are forbidden to marry outside their religion (Guru Gobind Singh Ji said a daughter of a Sikh should be married to a Sikh household)
I am a Sikh. Our religious teachers, called Gurus, were killed for refusing to convert to Islam.

I am also quite a traditional person and come from a very traditional family so will likely have an arranged marriage. Whoever I marry, it won't be just me and them living together, my parents will be living with us. For most white people this will be a major culture shock and doubt many would agree to such a marriage. Hence, marrying someone from my own religion would be much better as their beliefs and way of living would be entirely compatible with my own leading to hopefully a successful marriage.

I can understand the second paragraph. It seems ridiculous to rule out having a relationship with someone because of what their ancestors did to your ancestors, though. I'm sure practically all Muslims would agree with you that killing the Gurus for refusing to convert was an unjustifiable atrocity.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending