The Student Room Group

Is she losing interest or just becoming more comfortable??

I've not been with my girlfriend that long, couple of months maybe and we seem to be going absolutely fine, booked to go to a festival in a couple of months time, talked about a holiday together, I'm due to meet her parents soon. We've seen each other a lot since we got together, at least twice a week and each time we've stayed over. We have sex every time too, which is great.

In the beginning she didn't touch her phone at all when we were together, unless I had gone out of the room, in which case she'd be on it but put it down when I walked back in. This has now changed recently and over the weekend she took her phone out and was replying to people a few times, not constantly on it, but at one point we were walking along holding hands and I glanced over and she had her phone out reading her messages or when we were having tea she went on it and sent a few. I'm not saying I expect her to never touch it, but she got it out a few times; compared to before when it wasn't out at all.

Should I be concerned that she might be losing interest in me, or just take it that she's becoming comfortable being around me and relaxed?
I'm useless at reading people, but I feel we're getting closer, we spent all weekend together and she seemed really content to be with me, and I think I'm supposed to be seeing her like 4 nights in a row this week, the most we've been together continuously which she seemed happy to have happen. We discussed visiting one of her closest family members on a weekend away together too.

What do you think?
I think it's perfectly normal, you have nothing to worry about. From the sounds of things she's just feeling more comfortable being around you and now feels like you two are secure enough that she can check her messages when you're together. If it gets to the point where it bothers you it's definetely worth saying something to her, but for the time being if it's not very freqeunt like you say then I'd think you have no reason to be concerned.
Reply 2
Paranoid much? I don't think you have any reason to worry.
Reply 3
Original post by Kanairee
I think it's perfectly normal, you have nothing to worry about. From the sounds of things she's just feeling more comfortable being around you and now feels like you two are secure enough that she can check her messages when you're together. If it gets to the point where it bothers you it's definetely worth saying something to her, but for the time being if it's not very freqeunt like you say then I'd think you have no reason to be concerned.

That's reassuring. When we're together she seems to enjoy herself, I make her laugh and she always reaches out to link arms or hold hands, I was just concerned that she might've been starting to lose interest hence the need to distract herself with her messages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending