The Student Room Group

How likely am I to get into my firm choice?

Hi everyone,

I just completed my alevels for the first time and want to study international relations at Sheffield (firm) and York (insurance)

My offers are AAB and ABB respectively. However after sitting my exams, I think I could be looking at grades between the region of ABD and BBD. How likely is it that I get into either of these unis? Both are in clearing atm so just wanted to hear about others experiences doing clearing, particularly at these universities if possible.

Thanks!
Original post by questioning123
Hi everyone,

I just completed my alevels for the first time and want to study international relations at Sheffield (firm) and York (insurance)

My offers are AAB and ABB respectively. However after sitting my exams, I think I could be looking at grades between the region of ABD and BBD. How likely is it that I get into either of these unis? Both are in clearing atm so just wanted to hear about others experiences doing clearing, particularly at these universities if possible.

Thanks!

It depends on how many meet their grades and also what your results are, neither of which they know. It can vary from year to year. You just need to be patient.

The fact there are places in clearing is slightly positive, but I wouldnt read too much into it. The closer you are to offer then the more positive it is. It is possible but you dont know how many other people will be falling 1 or 2 grades short never mind three.
bump
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2786463#primary_content
Original post by questioning123
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

If you go the link below, there are stories from the last 3 years of people who got into their firm / insurance despite dropping grades. If you go to the tools button at the bottom of the page and put in Sheffield and then York, it will come up with peoples experiences of these Uni's.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2786463#primary_content

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending