The Student Room Group

Will these show up on an enhanced DBS?

I want to start volunteering with the Brownies and maybe find employment with children when I'm well enough, and I want to apply to uni to do mental health nursing. So for all these things I would need an Enhanced DBS check. I've been on a Section 3 under the Mental Health Act. And when I was in hospital I did a runner and the police were called, they found me and took me back to hospital, but I hadn't committed a crime. When I was really ill and in hospital, I attempted arson, and it was reported to the police, but the police didn't come to see me because I was really ill and as far as I know they didn't prosecute me, would they have cautioned me without telling me? Will any of the things I have just mentioned show up on an Enhanced DBS??? Thank you in advance for your answers!
sadly it would appear but you need to enquire more with citizen's advice bureau or someone like that tbh as TSR wont have many answers
Original post by rachelvic94
I want to start volunteering with the Brownies and maybe find employment with children when I'm well enough, and I want to apply to uni to do mental health nursing. So for all these things I would need an Enhanced DBS check. I've been on a Section 3 under the Mental Health Act. And when I was in hospital I did a runner and the police were called, they found me and took me back to hospital, but I hadn't committed a crime. When I was really ill and in hospital, I attempted arson, and it was reported to the police, but the police didn't come to see me because I was really ill and as far as I know they didn't prosecute me, would they have cautioned me without telling me? Will any of the things I have just mentioned show up on an Enhanced DBS??? Thank you in advance for your answers!

You need to request a subject access request if you are in doubt of what the police hold, then you can work out from this the dates and if they are past the 6 year (I think) period where it doesn't show.

https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx
Reply 3
Original post by rachelvic94

Thanks guys! I have applied for a subject access request. I really don't understand why it would show up on my DBS seeing as (to my knowledge) I was never convicted of a crime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending