The Student Room Group

Is a Kanken backpack a good choice for Sixth Form?

I really like the look of Kanken backpacks but I'm worried that the slim straps will not be the best for my shoulders if I have to carry around mounds of work. Do you think its a good idea? if not, do you have any other backpack brand suggestions?
Original post by Emsio8
I really like the look of Kanken backpacks but I'm worried that the slim straps will not be the best for my shoulders if I have to carry around mounds of work. Do you think its a good idea? if not, do you have any other backpack brand suggestions?

I wouldn't recommend getting such an expensive one just for sixth form. Chances are it'll get trashed anyway. If you're going to spend that much money, I'd get one with proper support on the back and shoulders and everything
tbh no one really carries around a bunch of heavy lever arch folders in sixth form...if you utilise your locker and only bring in the notes/sheets/sections of ur folder that you need a kanken will be fine. but the padded straps are far more comfortable than the slim ones i've heard
kankens are for art hoes ONLY

:redface:

i heard theyre good but i wouldnt spend that much money for a 6th form bag.
I love my kankens and swear by them for sixth form, using one for both y12 and y13! If you look into them you'll find that they were designed originally to aid back problems so it's great if you need to carry lots of books like I did, and the bag's "boxy" design makes tetris-ing everything in and utilising it all so easy. The bag is waterproof which is an absolute must for me and the two bottle compartments on each side saved my life - knowing that there's no chance my work will get ruined by water was so nice haha.

However; the bags are pricey so if you get one, use them. I have two and wear them religiously, during sixth form and not during so. They're so cute and fashionable, imo, so it's no problem; and the fact that they're barely worn after all the use serves as a testimony to their quality tbh :smile:
Original post by Emsio8

No offence, but why do people stress over what stationary, clothes, pen colour and bag they will use for sixth form? All you really need is the same equipment you had for secondary school, with the exception for a few subjects like maths and FM - where you'll need a more advanced calculator, depending on what course you are doing. Any backpack, provided that it is perfectly practical, will be fine :smile:
i have a kanken, used all throughout both years of sixth form and will probably take it to uni with me too. theyre really strong and durable, and theyre waterproof as well. they may not be as big as other backpacks but realistically you only need to take paper, pencil case and a textbook or two. carrying anymore than that in whatever bag would get too heavy and be unnecessary. imo kankens are worth the money, mine has held up a million times better than any other bag i've had

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending