The Student Room Group

Tesco Student Transfer Service Septmeber 2017

Can anyone tell me how to sort out a transfer with Tesco for uni? I've been told there is an online service but can't find it at all!

Scroll to see replies

I'm looking and can't find anything either. If I do I'll post a link!
Reply 3
i get to the nationwide option but then it says i can no longer apply?:frown:
Reply 4
Does anyone know how to get it to work? I can only find the application for April 2017
Original post by 1975rach
i get to the nationwide option but then it says i can no longer apply?:frown:

No idea why, but it said that when I went onto it too. I went through the application and applied anyway. I think it worked!
Original post by E102
Does anyone know how to get it to work? I can only find the application for April 2017

Go to this link:
https://apply.tesco-careers.com/members/index.php

Either log in or create an account. You might already have one from when you originally applied.

I can't remember how I found it now, but then go to this link:
https://apply.tesco-careers.com/members/modules/job/search.php?num=10&pageNum=1&location_lat=&location_lon=&SortBy=&top_num=&keywords=&location_country=1&location=&location_range=&category=&job_type=9

You should see an option for 'student transfer window September 2017' and location 'nationwide'

Click on that and it might tell you the application is closed, no idea why, but I ignored it. Then work through the application and send it off.

Hope this helps :smile: I know how confusing it is!
Reply 7
Original post by wriggles95
Go to this link:
https://apply.tesco-careers.com/members/index.php

Either log in or create an account. You might already have one from when you originally applied.

I can't remember how I found it now, but then go to this link:
https://apply.tesco-careers.com/members/modules/job/search.php?num=10&pageNum=1&location_lat=&location_lon=&SortBy=&top_num=&keywords=&location_country=1&location=&location_range=&category=&job_type=9

You should see an option for 'student transfer window September 2017' and location 'nationwide'

Click on that and it might tell you the application is closed, no idea why, but I ignored it. Then work through the application and send it off.

Hope this helps :smile: I know how confusing it is!

Yeah I found it last night - it is difficult to find, thank you though!
Original post by emmalucyh5
Can anyone tell me how to sort out a transfer with Tesco for uni? I've been told there is an online service but can't find it at all!

Moved to the Careers and Jobs section :biggrin:
Anyone know when we should hear back?
Reply 10
Original post by JakeWilliams98
Anyone know when we should hear back?

No idea, I'm moving next week and still haven't heard back, I told my manager and she said she will phone them and try to 'move it along'
Original post by E102
No idea, I'm moving next week and still haven't heard back, I told my manager and she said she will phone them and try to 'move it along'

They seem to be taking ages to reply for me too :/
I haven't heard anything either. My manager said to chase it up, but I've no idea who I'm supposed to call.
Does anybody know when we hear back from the stores we applied to???
Reply 14
My manager phoned up the store and asked them about vacancies - I have managed to get a transfer (Saturday 3-11 isn't the best but you can't pick and choose😂)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by wriggles95
I haven't heard anything either. My manager said to chase it up, but I've no idea who I'm supposed to call.

Find the store contact numbers and phone them up, tell them you applied to the store through the student transfer service and ask them if they have an available positions, if you're trained on checkouts, dotcom, SS/SAYS mention that too
Has anyone heard anything? currently sent an email to one of the personnel managers at one of the stores and left my email with the other one but havent heard anything after a couple of days, I am thinking of giving them another call again?
Reply 17
Glad to hear it's taking a while for other people, too. Is it something to worry about? Shall I ring up the stores, or just wait a bit? It's getting a bit close to moving day now
I rang up and am now trying to figure out what shifts I can work - it's definitely worth ringing them up.
Original post by JakeWilliams98
I rang up and am now trying to figure out what shifts I can work - it's definitely worth ringing them up.

Same here they are looking for mostly weekend work which sucks but i dont think sunday should be to bad :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending