The Student Room Group

what are the chances of a uni giving me my results before thursday ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jacklee123
i will do that as i can imagien at my college there will be a rush of students trying to get there results and i will defiently be on ucas track at 8 when it unfreezes

My school opened at 8 for A2 results but no one got there until 8:30 because everyone was too busy checking track
Reply 21
Original post by super_kawaii
My school opened at 8 for A2 results but no one got there until 8:30 because everyone was too busy checking track

yeah i suppose i can see students wanting to go onto track first and then going for there results as by looking on track first you will have an idea of if you have done well or not
if only my college gave our results that early i just really want to know mine

what course and uni have you applied to if you dont mind me asking

Chemistry at Cardiff/Liverpool depending on grades, although I'd be delighted with both.
you?
Reply 23
Original post by hamzakalinle
Chemistry at Cardiff/Liverpool depending on grades, although I'd be delighted with both.
you?

what are the grades you need to get into your firm and newcastle and durham depending on grades really i mean both unis are great so hopefully i do get into 1 of them
what are the grades you need to get into your firm and newcastle and durham depending on grades really i mean both unis are great so hopefully i do get into 1 of them

AAB for firm and ABB for insurance pal
Reply 25
Original post by hamzakalinle
AAB for firm and ABB for insurance pal

good luck with it hopefully you get into your firm
are universities allowed to give out results before thursday if you ring them up or try to contact them by email ?

I was on the other side of the phone yesterday. We had so many people calling up asking for their results. Like yeah I know them, I could very easily pull them up on the system but we were strictly forbidden from releasing anything that would break embargo. For the most part all we could say was "Admissions is closed until Thursday" and giving out the email for the those who needed it (ie to send results.)

It's not that they don't want to, they're legally not allowed to release it until Thursday
Reply 27
Original post by Jackieox
I was on the other side of the phone yesterday. We had so many people calling up asking for their results. Like yeah I know them, I could very easily pull them up on the system but we were strictly forbidden from releasing anything that would break embargo. For the most part all we could say was "Admissions is closed until Thursday" and giving out the email for the those who needed it (ie to send results.)

It's not that they don't want to, they're legally not allowed to release it until Thursday

aww i see i see i hadnt realised their was an actual ban when i first made this thread ahahahahaa
oh i didnt realise ucas had a ban on communication to students about results ohh :frown: looks like ill have to wait :frown:

Some unis may have automatic emails sent out if you get in, my cousin found out she had got in to Lancaster at 2am on results night, so I don't know how well the ban is actually enforced.
Reply 29
Original post by Ellie419
Some unis may have automatic emails sent out if you get in, my cousin found out she had got in to Lancaster at 2am on results night, so I don't know how well the ban is actually enforced.

i have heart of automated emails being sent before results day i dont know how common that is though i will keep a look out for them though
Reply 30
Ucas track said it was going to update from 6 o'clock on wednesday evening or is that something different ??
Original post by Shameka
Ucas track said it was going to update from 6 o'clock on wednesday evening or is that something different ??

That will be unis finalising their decisions to UCAS. Applicants will hear nothing until 8am on Thursday
If any of you do hear of any Unis telling or even hinting to any applicants before Thursday am, please can you let UCAS know?
Any-emails, in particular those that congratulate you or tell you what accom you have got, etc. Or equally, if any teachers tell you/hint etc about your results.

[UCAS takes the embargo very seriously - it fines any Unis that break it, and schools/teachers dont get off lightly either]
Reply 33
Original post by Jackieox
I was on the other side of the phone yesterday. We had so many people calling up asking for their results.

Sheesh, why do these people think it's called Results DAY and not "Results anytime you like this week if you really want to know early just give your uni a call..."
As above, PLEASE stop phoning Unis about Clearing before you have got your results.

No-one will be able to tell you if x course will be in Clearing, promise you a place, or tell you anything meaningful.

Get off the phone - please.
Original post by super_kawaii
No, they're not allowed to tell you anything before the end of the embargo at 8am Thursday

Rachel!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending