The Student Room Group

Can't sleep because of results day? Stay up and chat.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FloralHybrid
7am. Teachers have our results. ******** a brick over here.

Not much longer to though. You're almost there! Good luck!

Original post by beastmode1
When do unis email??

Each uni will have their own policy. Some are already going out but you should hear from them over the next few days as things start to settle.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Each uni will have their own policy. Some are already going out but you should hear from them over the next few days as things start to settle.

Thank you! 😊
Original post by lxlxlee
Just got my one AS result and I got an A!! Oh my gosh I was certain that I was going to have to resit :biggrin: Wooo I can finally go to sleep :tongue:

Good luck everyone! I hope you get everything you want :smile:

Well done! Your hard work paid off :smile: Now get some rest
Original post by yRwa44
Anyone else here have to wait until 8am / later times to find out their results?
The suspense and apprehension is killing me! :s-smilie:

Our sixth form lets us in at 10. Perhaps staying up all night wasn't the best idea 😂 I'm only AS results but the suspense is enough to make me sick! It's hard to remain subjective when you're emotionally invested in how you have done.

Best of luck!!! ❤️
Original post by yRwa44
Anyone else here have to wait until 8am / later times to find out their results?
The suspense and apprehension is killing me! :s-smilie:

Yep! We get let in at 10am. Staying awake wasn't the best idea 😂

Best of luck to you!!
Original post by lxlxlee
Just got my one AS result and I got an A!! Oh my gosh I was certain that I was going to have to resit :biggrin: Wooo I can finally go to sleep :tongue:

Good luck everyone! I hope you get everything you want :smile:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Take a long nap - You've certainly earned it 😊
Original post by beastmode1
When do unis email??

Some won't email at all.

Those that do will do it after their phone lines open
A*AB
5 UMS off A* in RS so that's annoying as tbh
Probably going to get that remarked as I got 95 average UMS in the AS but was 87.5 average in the A2
Maths was awful
Literally just scraped a B and only because I did C1 and C2 last year
Definitely resitting that next year x
A* in English I'm happy with but I was kind of expecting
I'm a bit disappointed overall just because I was so close to RS and I basically failed al the individual maths modules (D's and U's with a couple A's)
Reply 548
Thank you!! :smile:

Wow... that's quite late for AS results - I got mine at 6:30am last year! (Though they were emailed and supposed to be sent at 7).

Good luck with your AS's, I'm sure you've done great! :biggrin:

Our sixth form lets us in at 10. Perhaps staying up all night wasn't the best idea 😂 I'm only AS results but the suspense is enough to make me sick! It's hard to remain subjective when you're emotionally invested in how you have done.

Best of luck!!! ❤️
Hello everyone,
Have the AQA grade boundaries been released? I'm trying to navigate their website but it is really stressing me out! Could someone send me the link if they have?

Good luck everyone!!
Original post by panickingx1000
Hello everyone,
Have the AQA grade boundaries been released? I'm trying to navigate their website but it is really stressing me out! Could someone send me the link if they have?

Good luck everyone!!

Nope. Still no sign of them!
Original post by StressedCoffee
Just thought there would be a few of us tonight. Talk about whatever. How your feeling, what results you think you got, which exam boards or subject teachers screwed you over the most, etc

Personally ocr give too much content and AQA have no idea what they're doing :u:

1 hour left till ucas track
Reply 552
They get released at 8 :smile:
Original post by panickingx1000
Hello everyone,

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 553
Anyone got an email from their firm choice yet?
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Well done! Your hard work paid off :smile: Now get some rest

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Take a long nap - You've certainly earned it 😊

Thank you!!!! And I will haha :tongue:
Original post by Cool21
Anyone got an email from their firm choice yet?

Some people have! Not long now anyway!
Original post by beccabokka
A*AB
5 UMS off A* in RS so that's annoying as tbh
Probably going to get that remarked as I got 95 average UMS in the AS but was 87.5 average in the A2
Maths was awful
Literally just scraped a B and only because I did C1 and C2 last year
Definitely resitting that next year x
A* in English I'm happy with but I was kind of expecting
I'm a bit disappointed overall just because I was so close to RS and I basically failed al the individual maths modules (D's and U's with a couple A's)

A*AB is amazing!! Please don't feel bad.

I understand the maths thing, and people will probably tell you you're overreacting. I was in the same boat with maths. But they don't understand what it's like having high standards for yourself. I don't think it's worth retaking unless you're doing a maths-based sub at Uni. Your RS and English are amazing

Even if you did expect it, they are difficult subjects, so congratulations all the same.
Original post by fandom-queen
A*AB is amazing!! Please don't feel bad.

I understand the maths thing, and people will probably tell you you're overreacting. I was in the same boat with maths. But they don't understand what it's like having high standards for yourself. I don't think it's worth retaking unless you're doing a maths-based sub at Uni. Your RS and English are amazing

Even if you did expect it, they are difficult subjects, so congratulations all the same.

Thank you so much!x that's so reassuring! The only reason I'm thinking of a retake is because I'm applying this year (or next, might take two years off) for English and unfortunately that B limits all the English courses I can do because the best ones in the country (Cambridge, Durham, UCL etc.) all annoyingly require at least 3 As. So that's like a good chunk of my options gone even tough it's such an irrelevant A level to my course and I still have the same UCAS points as 3 A's! So annoying🙄
Anyway, I might retake maths or do another A level
We'll see
Or I could use it as an excuse to follow my dream to study in the states, seeing as they care less about grades
Thank you so much though:smile: you've honestly reassured me so much!
I haven't slept yet and i know i cant so im just doing a full face of makeup lol. Getting mine at 9 am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ErinMei
I haven't slept yet and i know i cant so im just doing a full face of makeup lol. Getting mine at 9 am

Posted from TSR Mobile

Style it out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending