The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Parent won't sign student finance

Hi there, my flat mates mum won't sign her student finance which worries me as I am assuming I will be responsible for covering her if she cannot pay. She is not eligible for independent finance as she isn't estranged from her parents (she got kicked out of her mums and now lives with her dad, would just him be able to sign it? Apparently he is secretive with his earning so that is also a problem) would she be able to receive the lowest amount of finance you can get without a parental input or signature and then go the the hardship fund to cover her? What can I do? Will I have to ask her to leave and find someone else? We are best friends so that is the last thing I want to happen! Any advice or extra info would really help!
She will need to speak to student finance ASAP. If it's any help I'm a parent and I signed my son's application but his dad didn't as we are divorced.
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
Fingers crossed her dad can/will sign it! Thank you!

Original post by Scuddylou
She will need to speak to student finance ASAP. If it's any help I'm a parent and I signed my son's application but his dad didn't as we are divorced.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending