The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Loan for PGCE

Hi,

I am looking at starting a PGCE in Secondary Science (Biology) and currently looking into the possibility of Student Loans etc.

I graduated with a BSc in Biomedical Science back in 2011 and am unsure if I can get a Student Loan to help with the PGCE with it being my second course.

I have also been out of the UK for the last 2 years travelling and noticed that the website states that you must have resided in the UK for the 3 years prior to starting the course - is this true even for UK Citizens?

Thank you.
Original post by Emilyengland123
Hi,

I am looking at starting a PGCE in Secondary Science (Biology) and currently looking into the possibility of Student Loans etc.

I graduated with a BSc in Biomedical Science back in 2011 and am unsure if I can get a Student Loan to help with the PGCE with it being my second course.

I have also been out of the UK for the last 2 years travelling and noticed that the website states that you must have resided in the UK for the 3 years prior to starting the course - is this true even for UK Citizens?

Thank you.

PGCE loans don't take into account previous study (and aren't done as "postgraduate loans" either - you apply through the undergraduate application system).

To be eligible you need to be able to prove ORDINARY residence - if your time abroad was temporary and you can prove that (fixed term contracts, limited time visa) then you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending