The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by futurechildnurse
Congratulations lovely! Look at all us sept 2018 student nurses! I know all our patients will be glad to have us looking after them. :smile:

Hope no one is having issues with the snow. I’ve just came back home from a night shift and I have another tonight (hope my buses are running) x

Hey,

I hope your shift went well (: sometimes I forget you’re an Healthcare Assistant! With such experience, I’m assuming you will find future placements easier than I will 😅 how was it like in the beginning? Especially with the night shifts. I worry that I won’t be able to sleep properly during daytime but when time comes, my body will definitely need to adjust with the new lifestyle.

The snow here in London is nothing to complain about compared to other places I’ve been seeing on the news! I have been getting around just fine. I do have to say my penguin walk had to come out, because I am definitely not gonna fall! 😂

I hope you’re able to get to tonight’s shift! Until then, have a good day and have plenty of rest!
Original post by lilianna_m8
Hey,

I hope your shift went well (: sometimes I forget you’re an Healthcare Assistant! With such experience, I’m assuming you will find future placements easier than I will 😅 how was it like in the beginning? Especially with the night shifts. I worry that I won’t be able to sleep properly during daytime but when time comes, my body will definitely need to adjust with the new lifestyle.

The snow here in London is nothing to complain about compared to other places I’ve been seeing on the news! I have been getting around just fine. I do have to say my penguin walk had to come out, because I am definitely not gonna fall! 😂

I hope you’re able to get to tonight’s shift! Until then, have a good day and have plenty of rest!

Morning,my shifts (I’ve done three in a row) were fine. I believe I will find some of it easier,but by no means am I perfect in my job,bus as long as patients are happy that’s all that matters to me.

When I first started it was a bit daunting as I am on a very very busy ward and to tell you the truth I’m still learning now too. Your body will adjust to doing night shifts etc.

I got a lift in a 4x4 last night and this morning! Just doing my weekly washing and then off into dreamland I shall go.
Evening lovelies,

How is everyone doing?
Original post by futurechildnurse
Evening lovelies,

How is everyone doing?

Hello hello!

Things are going alright. Exam season is in less than 90 days and it’s a bittersweet feeling. Excited to finally get to the end of A-levels, but that excitement comes with a lot pressure especially when you have certain grades to achieve in order to get to your university of choice 😅 though some days I feel crappy, I’m confident I will do well! Not being cocky, just positive (: 😂

Anyway, I think that’s pretty much it. How about you?

Thanks “mum”, once again you’ve checked up on us. Here’s a freshly baked cookie: 🍪
Hello hello!

Things are going alright. Exam season is in less than 90 days and it’s a bittersweet feeling. Excited to finally get to the end of A-levels, but that excitement comes with a lot pressure especially when you have certain grades to achieve in order to get to your university of choice 😅 though some days I feel crappy, I’m confident I will do well! Not being cocky, just positive (: 😂

Anyway, I think that’s pretty much it. How about you?

Thanks “mum”, once again you’ve checked up on us. Here’s a freshly baked cookie: 🍪

Sounds like you’re getting there.

Well,I’ve nearly finally submitted my sfe application and tried to get a student bank account,which wasn’t successful (I know why too).

Ooh lovely,thank you 😊 x
Hello everyone 👋🏾
I hope you are doing well :smile:

Last week I submitted my choices on UCAS and now it’s a matter of working hard ‘til the exams come and get them grades I need to get! Just wondering if anyone has also chosen a firm and insurance ((:

Hope to hear from you soon!
Bye bye for now 😁
Hi my names Beth, I have applied through UCAS extra to study adult nursing at Lincoln! I have a levels in biology and chemistry and I am currently doing an access course in health to be able to go to university.
Hello everyone 👋🏾
I hope you are doing well :smile:

Last week I submitted my choices on UCAS and now it’s a matter of working hard ‘til the exams come and get them grades I need to get! Just wondering if anyone has also chosen a firm and insurance ((:

Hope to hear from you soon!
Bye bye for now 😁

Which are your firm choices ?
Reply 228
Hi all!

I posted a few months back and thought I would update you.

I've accepted my unconditional offer for Birmingham and start there in September!

I hope all your applications are going well, good luck!
Original post by mel_l218
Hi, I am a mature student & start studying adult nursing this September. I would recommend starting your personal statement as soon as possible, I was on draft 10 when I sent my UCAS off & it pays to make a start early.
Also, have you been getting some work experience or doing some voluntary work in healthcare, not only is it great for your application but you can chat with some people that are also interested in nursing & healthcare too.
I hope this helps & good luck with your application & last year at college!

i want to bdo nursing but no exam results does this mean i carnt do it
Original post by bethclarke14
Which are your firm choices ?

I choose King’s College London as my firm! I can’t wait until September is here 😅
Original post by at3011
Hi all!

I posted a few months back and thought I would update you.

I've accepted my unconditional offer for Birmingham and start there in September!

I hope all your applications are going well, good luck!

Good to hear ((:

Good luck!
Original post by hev51072
i want to bdo nursing but no exam results does this mean i carnt do it

You can find entry requirements on the websites of the universities you would be looking to apply to, to see if you need to gain more qualifications or something. What qualifications do you have at the moment?
Hello, :banana:

I'm Liliana and I'm 17, soon to start my second year of A-levels. I study chemistry, biology and Spanish and I will be applying to adult nursing this autumn; therefore I created this thread so I could (hopefully) get to talk to students who are also thinking of applying not only to adult nursing but any other field within nursing :biggrin:

I have some questions for you lot:

- What A-levels/ BTEC course are you studying?
- What nursing field are you interesting in?
- Have you started writing your personal statement?
- How are you feeling about the last year of A-levels/ BTEC?
- A random fact about you?

It would be amazing if at least one person replied :pcguru:! I find it really difficult to find people interested in nursing, none of my friends are, and sometimes I just feel like having a nursing talk, LOL.

Thank you in advance,
Liliana :h:

ps: this is my first thread ever, don't leave me hanginggggg :frown:

Hi :smile: I’m 20 so kind of a mature student and hope to start this September. I have a place at Surrey to begin children’s nursing this September and can not wait!! I just hope I’m ready to go into such a stressful environment!!
If you want to chat or have any questions, just ask :smile:
Original post by Beckypowney
Hi :smile: I’m 20 so kind of a mature student and hope to start this September. I have a place at Surrey to begin children’s nursing this September and can not wait!! I just hope I’m ready to go into such a stressful environment!!
If you want to chat or have any questions, just ask :smile:

Hello hello ((:

Thanks for sharing, wishing you all the best!
And same here, if you ever need anything let me know (:

Bye for now 😁
Reply 235
Hiya all,

I start my Adult Nursing in September 2018 at Edgehill cannot wait!

Kim
Reply 236
Original post by annveenguyen
Hi! Im 18 years old and I really want to study Adult Nursing and I'm currently studying psychology, sociology and English literature. I have sent my application to my head but he still needs to write my reference but I have applied to Kings, City, Surrey, Southampton and London South Bank :smile:

Hi I wanted to know if you got accepted because your unis are similar to mine.
Original post by Jj1EM
Hi I wanted to know if you got accepted because your unis are similar to mine.

Hi :smile: my firm is Kings & my insurance is City
Good luck to everyone sitting exams in the next few weeks x
Hi all,

Anyone that interviewed with Sunderland Uni - how long did it take for you to hear whether you were successful or not?

TIA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending