The Student Room Group

Rejoining 2nd year of nursing

Hi,
I was withdrawn from near the end of third year of BSC adult nursing. I was suggested by the uni to apply for second year to rejoin the next year to complete the degree. Can I be eligible for two more years of student finance loan?
Original post by itsmepreesita
Hi,
I was withdrawn from near the end of third year of BSC adult nursing. I was suggested by the uni to apply for second year to rejoin the next year to complete the degree. Can I be eligible for two more years of student finance loan?

Hi there,

When did you withdrawn from your previous course?

Can you please tell us when you plan to start studying again?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

When did you withdrawn from your previous course?

Can you please tell us when you plan to start studying again?

Thanks, Graeme

I was withdrawn on 2023 and am joining on September 2024.
I was withdrawn on 2023 and am joining on September 2024.

Hi itsmepreesita

You will need to apply as a new student on your account due to your previously withdrawn application. You should be eligible to receive a repeat year, if you have not repeated a year previously.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi itsmepreesita

You will need to apply as a new student on your account due to your previously withdrawn application. You should be eligible to receive a repeat year, if you have not repeated a year previously.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare,
I have not repeated a year previously. So will I only get finance help just for second year and will I have to pay for the third year as I am joining in on 2 nd year.
Hi Clare,
I have not repeated a year previously. So will I only get finance help just for second year and will I have to pay for the third year as I am joining in on 2 nd year.

Just to check, will both of these years be full-time? Will you be charged tuition fees for both years?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Just to check, will both of these years be full-time? Will you be charged tuition fees for both years?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,
yes both of these year will be full time and I will be charged for both years.
thanks
Hi Graeme,
yes both of these year will be full time and I will be charged for both years.
thanks

Thanks, last of all - has your university explained why you need to repeat 2nd Year, and not just 3rd Year?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 8
Thanks, last of all - has your university explained why you need to repeat 2nd Year, and not just 3rd Year?

Thanks, Graeme

Yes, because the curriculum is now aligned to the 2018 standards and as a result I am not able to join the course to complete just level 6 study.
Yes, because the curriculum is now aligned to the 2018 standards and as a result I am not able to join the course to complete just level 6 study.

Thank you.

We'd need you to contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account so we can check your previous study and determine your eligibility for funding going forward. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending