The Student Room Group

Rejecting/Withdrawing from university after being accepted?

Hi everyone, I recent was accepted onto chemical engineering @ heriot watt which was my insurance choice offer.

However, after problems with accommodation, expenses and personal decisions I've decided I no longer want to attend this course but instead repeat A2 modules and try to attain grades to go to my first choice uni next year.

How exactly do I go about rejecting/withdrawing from this course? Do I just email them or do I have to ring them up tomorrow and explain to them I'm deciding I don't want to attend this course? Thanks
Original post by NIchemistry
Hi everyone, I recent was accepted onto chemical engineering @ heriot watt which was my insurance choice offer.

However, after problems with accommodation, expenses and personal decisions I've decided I no longer want to attend this course but instead repeat A2 modules and try to attain grades to go to my first choice uni next year.

How exactly do I go about rejecting/withdrawing from this course? Do I just email them or do I have to ring them up tomorrow and explain to them I'm deciding I don't want to attend this course? Thanks

Just call them up :smile:
Hi NIchemistry,

Sorry to hear that you've decided against us :frown:

As Claire said, please just give us a call on: 0131 322 3222

Good luck with your next steps.

Carole

Just tagging a couple people in

Contact the admissions officer or admissions office. Details should be available on their website. You could always ask to defer incase you mess up A2 again and then decide you want to take the course. Although I like your original plan of gunning for your first choice uni again.
Hi @NIchemistry ,

I can see your uni has let you know how to withdraw this year, so hopefully you've spoken to them by now. Very best of luck with your retakes and your application for 2018 :smile:

Liz
Reply 6
I called up the uni and told them and have also emailed them to confirm in writing about my decision and have cancelled my student finance. So all sorted now, thanks for the help everyone!
I called up the uni and told them and have also emailed them to confirm in writing about my decision and have cancelled my student finance. So all sorted now, thanks for the help everyone!

Hey @NIchemistry, I'm a bit late to the party here but glad you got everything sorted! Best of luck in your retakes and hope you get into the uni you wish to attend :biggrin:

All the best,
Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending