The Student Room Group
Original post by ANIQAhussain123
ive never had a job and ive been told i cant land a job even if its retail without some kind of experience.

im scared shitless im gonna get caught i know they cant throw in jail since pretty much everyone does it but i cant lie well so in interviews when they ask im gonna be screwed

Didn't you think that they'd talk to your former employer for a reference?

I've lied about my B grade in GCSE Maths, i can't even count to B.
Original post by Guy_Specs
Didn't you think that they'd talk to your former employer for a reference?

I've lied about my B grade in GCSE Maths, i can't even count to B.

Where have I heard that before? Or more like, where haven't I heard that joke before...
Reply 3
I never lied on my CV... but none of my employers have ever rung up previous employers.. so maybe it doesn't matter too much? depends on your job/employer, a standard sales assistant job probably won't bother :tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by ANIQAhussain123
ive never had a job and ive been told i cant land a job even if its retail without some kind of experience.

im scared shitless im gonna get caught i know they cant throw in jail since pretty much everyone does it but i cant lie well so in interviews when they ask im gonna be screwed

I've lied about experience before to get jobs

the key is identifying the places where you can get away with it, and also you need to have a backup plan in case they try and contact the employer

you also need to be competent enough to do the job

I shall not tell you in detail how i go about all this [the times that i've lied and got away with it] as if people see it and start using it a lot eventually it will become ineffective as employers catch on...........
Everyone lies. Tenacity is a venerable quality in an employee; they appreciate it.
Reply 6
Original post by ANM775
I've lied about experience before to get jobs

the key is identifying the places where you can get away with it, and also you need to have a backup plan in case they try and contact the employer

you also need to be competent enough to do the job

I shall not tell you in detail how i go about all this [the times that i've lied and got away with it] as if people see it and start using it a lot eventually it will become ineffective as employers catch on...........

It depends on the employer. Applying to a bank, law firm, security, police force, school - they will but most other places wont as they are too busy. Like a friend of mine works at a marketing agency - they did not ring or ask previous employers ( I know this as he put down my mums shop as a ref)
They can send you to prison for this.
Reply 8
Original post by freedom
It depends on the employer. Applying to a bank, law firm, security, police force, school - they will but most other places wont as they are too busy. Like a friend of mine works at a marketing agency - they did not ring or ask previous employers ( I know this as he put down my mums shop as a ref)

you're definitely right on that, the places you've mentioned it's almost certain they are going to check up on the information you've given them ..
Reply 9
Original post by Magicphilos

stop over reacting. People have committed worse crimes and got away with it in court.
Original post by freedom
stop over reacting. People have committed worse crimes and got away with it in court.

No, this is the worst of all crimes.
Reply 11
Original post by freedom

are you talking about OJ when you talk about people who have committed worse crimes and got away with it in court

stop trying to scare OP
Original post by freedom

No, this is the worst of all crimes.

Yeah, I'm pretty the Queen personally prosecutes you
Bruh
I've lied too! Sometimes you need to as not everyone is lucky with getting jobs.

Latest

Trending

Trending