The Student Room Group

catlover_'s attempt at getting A Levels!!

MY JOURNEY THROUGH YEAR 1 OF A LEVELS!

I'm catlover_ and I began sixth form last week. I chose to stay on at my school to do A Levels which are: Geography, Biology, Maths, Economics and EPQ.
I have quite a range of subjects but they all relate in some way or another except Bio and Economics.

I was very pleased and surprised at my GCSE results so I hope a levels follow a similar pattern :biggrin:
My results are:

Spoiler

I hope to keep this blog up to date unlike my GCSE one which I abandoned early on. But I'm feeling more positive about A Levels because I'm actually doing subjects that I've chosen to do. Although I'll probably be stressed and really busy with homework by next week :lol:

If anyone has any tips for starting a levels I would really appreciate your help :smile:
Original post by catlover_
MY JOURNEY THROUGH YEAR 1 OF A LEVELS!

I'm catlover_ and I began sixth form last week. I chose to stay on at my school to do A Levels which are: Geography, Biology, Maths, Economics and EPQ.
I have quite a range of subjects but they all relate in some way or another except Bio and Economics.

I was very pleased and surprised at my GCSE results so I hope a levels follow a similar pattern :biggrin:
My results are:

Spoiler

I hope to keep this blog up to date unlike my GCSE one which I abandoned early on. But I'm feeling more positive about A Levels because I'm actually doing subjects that I've chosen to do. Although I'll probably be stressed and really busy with homework by next week :lol:

If anyone has any tips for starting a levels I would really appreciate your help :smile:

Good luck! What subject are you most excited about starting?

There's a few tips here about starting your A-levels :h:
Original post by Fox Corner
Good luck! What subject are you most excited about starting?

There's a few tips here about starting your A-levels :h:

I'm excited for Economics because I've never done it before, and it's probably the subject most similar to what I want to pursue as a career (Accountancy). I think I'll find it really interesting despite there being difficult concepts to grasp!
Monday 11th September

Today was pretty okay. I had Biology, Economics then Geography.
In Bio we went over the adaptations for gas exchange and labelled an aveolus and the respiratory system etc which was quite easy as it was all gcse content.
Economics was much better than my previous 2 lessons where I felt like I didn't know anything and couldn't come up with any good answers. I made notes over the weekend on what we had done so I felt prepared and I actually knew what I was doing.
I am loving Geography because it seems so similar to gcse and I loved it then. I just find the content really makes sense to me and I generally enjoy learning about it.

I definitely think enjoying something makes it much easier to learn!

Tonight I'm gonna revise maths because I have a baseline algebra test on Wednesday and I desperately do not want to fail! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending