The Student Room Group

Payment Made By SFE But Has Not Arrived In My Account!!!

I made my application to SFE on 25th May 2017. Finally got a decision on 4th August 2017. According to SFE's system I was paid on 9th August but nothing had arrived in my account. Called SFE to find out what happened only to be told that they had made a mistake and that the transfer will be made on 1st September (to be fair everyone makes mistakes including myself and I was happy that they informed me with means of a solution)!

Totally livid today as I still have not received any payments from SFE who advised me to wait until 5th October 2017 to hear of any decicion in terms of how they will proceed! In the meantime I am a single mother of two boys who are 8 and 5 years old, I have a mortgage and work 2 days a week to pay my bills however I've had to give up a a full time job to try and better myself only to be faced with financial stress that could be rectified surely sooner than the 5th October 2017!

I have been told by SFE that 30 days is the timescale which seems ludicrous that it would take this long just to find out where the funds of a bank transfer has ended up given that all bank details are correct!!! I wonder if another mistake has been made? Were the funds even transferred at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending