The Student Room Group

student finance

im in my first year at uni and I've decided to change my course, ill be carrying on with the one I'm on now until the end of the academic year and starting the new one in September. I'm worried about student finance and how many years you get and what to do if it doesn't cover the years of study. my current course is 3 years and the one I want to start is 4, any help would be appreciated :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by heidi.warburton
im in my first year at uni and I've decided to change my course, ill be carrying on with the one I'm on now until the end of the academic year and starting the new one in September. I'm worried about student finance and how many years you get and what to do if it doesn't cover the years of study. my current course is 3 years and the one I want to start is 4, any help would be appreciated :smile:

The funding entitlement is calculated as follows:

Length of new course (years) + 1 (gift) year - years of previous study

So for a three-year course it would be 3 + 1 - 1 = 3 years

A four-year course 4 +1 - 1 = 4 years.

So you will be fine :smile:
Original post by heidi.warburton

Is it at the same uni?
Hi so when I received my first maintenance loan I got a confirmation email about it but on my second payment which is 2nd of January I haven’t received any confirmation email yet but some of my friends have already does that mean there’s something wrong with my application
Original post by Samir sayer
Hi so when I received my first maintenance loan I got a confirmation email about it but on my second payment which is 2nd of January I haven’t received any confirmation email yet but some of my friends have already does that mean there’s something wrong with my application

Log into your account and click on the View Your Payments link. If it says the following, then there is no need to worry:

Ready to be Paid - We don't need anything else from you. Your payment will be made on the date shown

If further action is required, then it will state what you need to do. :smile:

My son has found notifications from SFE are a bit hit and miss so its best to log into your account to check statuses.
Original post by Tashsinclair7
Is it at the same uni?

It is yeah
Original post by normaw
The funding entitlement is calculated as follows:

Length of new course (years) + 1 (gift) year - years of previous study

So for a three-year course it would be 3 + 1 - 1 = 3 years

A four-year course 4 +1 - 1 = 4 years.

So you will be fine :smile:

Oh that’s a relief thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest