The Student Room Group

English Language coursework

I am currently doing my creative writing for aqa a level coursework and am wondering how I analyse my style model and what to write in the commentary?! if anyone has a sample commentary and style model analysis it would be amazing! any advice or help appreciated! xx
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by ewarner2000
I am currently doing my creative writing for aqa a level coursework and am wondering how I analyse my style model and what to write in the commentary?! if anyone has a sample commentary and style model analysis it would be amazing! any advice or help appreciated! xx

Hi! I know I'm a bit late, but I can help you out :h: for your style model, it'd be a good idea to print it out, put it on an A3 piece of paper and annotate the hell out of it. You can make notes about why certain things are effective, why features fit the genre, etc,. Mainly you need to make sure you annotate everything that you think you'll use in your original writing.

In your commentary, you should discuss features that you found in your style model, talk about which things are good that you've decided to put into your own work, but also discuss things that you didn't put into your own work (and explain why).
It's not late! Thank you soo much. Its helped and cleared it up for me 😀 xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending