The Student Room Group

Vaginal Dryness

Right guys this is gonna be a long one.
I've been with my boyfriend for about 7 months now. We are both 17 years old. We both live quite a while away from each other so the only times we can see each other is at weekends. Sometimes it's every weekend and other times is every other weekend as he has a demanding job and I have a lot of college work so ultimately we have sex nearly everytime we see each other as we have to take advantage of the time we have together. It usually involves him staying at my house from Friday to Sunday or vise versa therefore we can be having sex at least 4/5 times within those days. In the first months of the relationship we obviously used condoms because I wasn't on the pill and obviously wanted to protect against STIs untill we both got tested. Using condoms I didn't really feel any pain and we certainly didn't need to use lube to be able to have sex with each other... I will also add that this was the same with my only other previous sexual partner a year ago. We met in Feb and then in about May I went to my local sexual health clinic and asked to start the contraceptive pill. They proscribed me Maexeni which I think they just give in the UK but I'm not sure about anywhere else. I havnt expericenced any really bad side effects I gained a few pounds at the start but that's controlled now and I got a few spots but nothing major. Ever since then I've noticed that I've been finding it really difficult and painful to have sex if we don't use lube. Like I'm so dry that he can't slide his penis inside me as there is physically no lubrication there and that's why we have to rely on artificial lube. I mean it's not that bad to use it but we literally have to use it every single time we have sex and sometimes if either of us forgets to take it to each other's house we physically can't have sex because I'm so dry. We've tried using spit and it works to get started but after a few minutes it dries up and I'm actually in so much pain due to the friction!! I know there is no underlying problem as we are both clear of infections and it doesn't hurt or sting when I pee. It's literally just vaginal dryness. We do have foreplay but not very much of it as both of us prefer sex rather than foreplay! This was the same with my previous partner. We didn't need forepaly to comfortable have sex. After speaking to my friends they say orgasm before sex and then you'll have produced loads of natural lube but for some reason my boyfriend can't make me orgasm so I have to basically fake it every time. I can make myself orgasm and when I masterbate I can produce natural lube its just when I'm with him. I am 100% comfortable around him and physically and emotionally really attracted to him but I even tell him what I do and he mimics the same actions as I do when I'm alone and I still can't orgasm. It's like my body doesn't want me to which poses a problem when my friends can orgasm and be fine as I just can't orgasm. Basically the whole purpose I'm here is to ask if my birth control could be doing this and if I should switch. I don't really want to switch to a different brand because my body is fine on this one and I don't want to experience really bad side effects again. I've read online that being older can reduce vaginal lubrication but I'm literally 17 so I know this isn't the case. I really don't know what's wrong and it's annoying. I could keep using artificial lube but it's such an inconvenience when you're in the moment and have to stop to apply that and if we don't use enough lube it can hurt as there is a bit of friction. I'm just really curious what could be causing that. Am I too small ? Am I too tight ? I have absolutly no idea!!
Reply 1
Have more foreplay, get some advice from your GP, don't worry about using lubricant, particularly if you are trying to do it 4/5 times in a weekend.
I haven't read the post yet but I am incredibly confused as to how you can get something that long with that title.

If you're too dry and it's not normal, you see a doctor and ask wtf is going on
Reply 3
Original post by John10101
I think they invented paragraphs for a reason, I am not sure tho.

I put in paragraphs on my phone but they don't seem to have translated to the computer :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I haven't read the post yet but I am incredibly confused as to how you can get something that long with that title.

If you're too dry and it's not normal, you see a doctor and ask wtf is going on

Read it and then you will understand my predicament. ATM its not something that i need to go to my GP about
Original post by May101
Read it and then you will understand my predicament. ATM its not something that i need to go to my GP about

If it's the pill that might be causing it, then yeah you still maybe do love.

soz
I don't think it's the pill that is causing this because you said you have no problem getting "lubricated" when you're on your own. I would say that you need more foreplay - it sounds like you're trying to rush into things, sex shouldn't be rushed into take your time and the lubrication will come. If it was the pill it wouldn't make any sense that you'd be fine when you masturbate but not fine with your guy so I put it down to rushing things. Without going into too much detail, maybe try some new things with him?

Quick Reply

Latest