The Student Room Group

Student Finance Vs Home Office

Trying to obtain a letter confirming my status of abode via the home office in order to complete my student finance is actually starting to seem impossible. Shouldn't my indefinite leave to remain stamp be enough?
Original post by Ejay1983
Trying to obtain a letter confirming my status of abode via the home office in order to complete my student finance is actually starting to seem impossible. Shouldn't my indefinite leave to remain stamp be enough?

Cant you just send them a copy of your letter when you were granted indefinite leave to remain? Whilst I might think the ILR stamp might be enough they obviously have criteria an other students will have met it i.e give them what hey want and take advice exactly what it is. Are the Home Office refusing to provide any information? You mist have some link to officialdom?
Reply 2
Well, it must be within 3 months and the home office is no longer allowed to provide us the evidence. have managed to find a contact that's helping me with the legalities.

Original post by 999tigger
Cant you just send them a copy of your letter when you were granted indefinite leave to remain? Whilst I might think the ILR stamp might be enough they obviously have criteria an other students will have met it i.e give them what hey want and take advice exactly what it is. Are the Home Office refusing to provide any information? You mist have some link to officialdom?
Reply 3
Indefinite leave to remain should be enough but they seem to be giving everyone the runaround.
Original post by Ejay1983

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending