The Student Room Group

Student finance

I started my student finance application since March of 2023 and sent them all that was required including passport and BRP they asked for the same docs 2x and another time 2 weeks ago so I sent them including my home office letter stating the date of expiration as well as my old and new BRP however they STILL require my home office letter which they still currently have. It is so frustrating and annoying because ot shows they clearly aren’t reading what is enclosed within the envelopes I send and I start soon. They are causing me so much stress and anxiety because I don’t want to go for an accommodation that I won’t be able to afford
Original post by Kokonut136864
I started my student finance application since March of 2023 and sent them all that was required including passport and BRP they asked for the same docs 2x and another time 2 weeks ago so I sent them including my home office letter stating the date of expiration as well as my old and new BRP however they STILL require my home office letter which they still currently have. It is so frustrating and annoying because ot shows they clearly aren’t reading what is enclosed within the envelopes I send and I start soon. They are causing me so much stress and anxiety because I don’t want to go for an accommodation that I won’t be able to afford

Hi there, Sorry to hear of the stress this is causing. We can look further into the account and the evidence query. Please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Sorry to hear of the stress this is causing. We can look further into the account and the evidence query. Please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

I did. that and they were not helpful regarding the issue and the call agent wasn’t able to help since the assessors are responsible
I did. that and they were not helpful regarding the issue and the call agent wasn’t able to help since the assessors are responsible

Hi there, Sorry to hear that you were unable to get a clear update, were they able to advise if the Home Office letter was showing as received for you? If so the advisor would have raised a referral for this to be reviewed. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Hi there, Sorry to hear that you were unable to get a clear update, were they able to advise if the Home Office letter was showing as received for you? If so the advisor would have raised a referral for this to be reviewed. Thanks, Angela

The call agent said they can see it but I can’t speak to assessors so I don’t know what to do. I’m starting in January and I’m very stressed because of this
The call agent said they can see it but I can’t speak to assessors so I don’t know what to do. I’m starting in January and I’m very stressed because of this

Please be rest assured this will be with the relevant team for review. You are more than welcome to check back with us for updates. Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Please be rest assured this will be with the relevant team for review. You are more than welcome to check back with us for updates. Thanks, Angela

The date of the next expected update went from December 19 the June 2024 is this serious or an error
The date of the next expected update went from December 19 the June 2024 is this serious or an error

Please ignore that timescale, sorry for the confusion.

If the timescale was initially the 19th of December then that's the one to use. The timescales can change daily so, though we can't guarantee it, it's possible that you'll have an update before then.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 8
Original post by Graeme SFE
Please ignore that timescale, sorry for the confusion.

If the timescale was initially the 19th of December then that's the one to use. The timescales can change daily so, though we can't guarantee it, it's possible that you'll have an update before then.

Thanks, Graeme

Hi so after sending extra evidence it now says I’ve completed the tasks necessary however i received an email saying I need to prove long residency though it’s still all green on my account.
Is this an automated email or something i need to follow up on ?
Hi so after sending extra evidence it now says I’ve completed the tasks necessary however i received an email saying I need to prove long residency though it’s still all green on my account.
Is this an automated email or something i need to follow up on ?

Hi there,

Just to check, what's the status of your application right now, is it approved?

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Just to check, what's the status of your application right now, is it approved?

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

It just says you’ve completed all actions in green
It just says you’ve completed all actions in green

Hi there,

Have you received paperwork in the post to confirm the finance is in place?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Have you received paperwork in the post to confirm the finance is in place?

Thanks,
Claire

Not yet I only noticed it was green like 3 days ago and it still says processing application

Hi there, Please contact us direct so can check on the next expected update as the one showing would be incorrect. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending