The Student Room Group

Dating - advice needed!

So I went on a date with a guy from tinder about three weeks ago, he was nice enough and we went on a second date a week or so ago. We've chatted a bit inbetween and he's a nice guy but ultimately I don't think it's going to go anywhere. Last week he asked to meet up again and I half put him off but in the end I said I'd see him tomorrow eve.

Then last week I went on a date with a different guy I'd been chatting to and we totally hit it off and have already arranged to see each other again Tuesday. It just has that spark the other one didn't.

So...I now don't really want to go on this date tomorrow with the first guy. But I feel really bad about binning him (I'm just too nice ha!). Should I meet him tomorrow and end it, which will be more awkward face to face, or do I just text him and call tomorrow off and explain he's a nice guy but I don't see it going anywhere? To be honest I'd rather do the latter but don't know if that's really bad :/
Original post by Dan_
So I went on a date with a guy from tinder about three weeks ago, he was nice enough and we went on a second date a week or so ago. We've chatted a bit inbetween and he's a nice guy but ultimately I don't think it's going to go anywhere. Last week he asked to meet up again and I half put him off but in the end I said I'd see him tomorrow eve.

Then last week I went on a date with a different guy I'd been chatting to and we totally hit it off and have already arranged to see each other again Tuesday. It just has that spark the other one didn't.

So...I now don't really want to go on this date tomorrow with the first guy. But I feel really bad about binning him (I'm just too nice ha!). Should I meet him tomorrow and end it, which will be more awkward face to face, or do I just text him and call tomorrow off and explain he's a nice guy but I don't see it going anywhere? To be honest I'd rather do the latter but don't know if that's really bad :/

I would tell him face to face, if that was me - i would much rather be told the truth in person rather than by text/call because you are almost hiding behind the phone screen and not showing that you can fully tell the truth.
Chances are the other guy feels the same 'no spark' that you mentioned so perhaps you saying how you feel might make him realise that too.
Definitely don't drop him now as he might feel like you were leading him on in a way
Well good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly!!
Reply 2
I think it's good to have some respect for someone else's feelings in these circumstances. Undoubtedly the most respectful thing is to see him and tell him. This said, since it hasn't really gone anywhere yet and you were a bit iffy about the date, I think a kind text would also suffice.
Reply 3
Cancel the date over text so you don't waste anyone's time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending