How often do you wash your hair?

Watch
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically I used to wash my hair everyday but since the start of year 12, I wash it every other day, cos I just couldn't be bothered to style it everyday uno.

Do you think it's gross if I washed it every two days? It's just, I'm sick of having to dry it and use product, especially since it holds it's shape pretty well, even after two days. So say I'll wash on Monday, on Wednesday night, the style will be pretty much intact....

IDK, my hair isn't really oily as such, it's pretty fine though :dontknow:

Do you wash your hair every other day or everyday or what...?
username3181694
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know a few who wash their hair once a week :rofl:

I also wash my hair every other day because every day became way too much for me, so I think it's fine
Xopher_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bulgylau)
Basically I used to wash my hair everyday but since the start of year 12, I wash it every other day, cos I just couldn't be bothered to style it everyday uno.

Do you think it's gross if I washed it every two days? It's just, I'm sick of having to dry it and use product, especially since it holds it's shape pretty well, even after two days. So say I'll wash on Monday, on Wednesday night, the style will be pretty much intact....

I wash it every day. Because of the way I sleep it completely messes up my hair and it just feels so grimy
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Washing it every other day is totally fine; if you wash it every day, your hair/scalp doesn't get the chance to produce natural oils and it can actually be detrimental. At least, that's what I tell myself when I'm too lazy to wash my hair every day :rofl:
bulgylau
(Original post by ClearSky II)
I know a few who wash their hair once a week :rofl:

I also wash my hair every other day because every day became way too much for me, so I think it's fine
(Original post by Xopher_)
I wash it every day. Because of the way I sleep it completely messes up my hair and it just feels so grimy
(Original post by Sonechka)
Washing it every other day is totally fine; if you wash it every day, your hair/scalp doesn't get the chance to produce natural oils and it can actually be detrimental. At least, that's what I tell myself when I'm too lazy to wash my hair every day :rofl:
what about every *TWO* days tho :beard:
username3181694
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've also done that before, it's alright. Three is a bit much :giggle:
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
Once a week my hair takes ages to wash and it doesn't get greasy/ dirty quickly soo...

Depends if I have sport or physical activities though.
Xopher_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Two days is okay, for example if I wash it monday night and I don't have to go out on wednesday I wouldn't wash it tuesday night.
Racsoix
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'll wash it every other day. I used to leave it for a few days but it just doesn't cut it anymore. If I don't wash if every other day my hair just goes greasy and feels horrible.
LibertySea
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It really depends on your hair type and the amount of oil your scalp produces.

I wash my hair every 3 to 4 days, with a few exceptions, like when I swim in a cholrinated pool or end up rolling in mud during Quidditch practice.

And in worst case scenario, invest in dry shampoo, since washing your hair that often is really bad for your natural oils and your scalp.
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I normally wash my hair every day. It's quite long and naturally curly, and I can only comb it when it's wet. I can go one day at most without washing it, any more than that and it turns into a knotty mess
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't washed my hair in a year.

Spoiler:
Show
I'm bald :pierre:
dontgivea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Every other day of course
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've got oily hair so wash mine every other day, I can last another day with dry shampoo though
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I shower and wash my hair every day. In the summer and hot weather, then twice a day is normal for me.

Washing daily is not a problem, just use good quality gentle products (no gimmicks or highly perfumed types) and make sure you rinse thoroughly.

I use Johnsons Baby and Dove Daily Care shampoo.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I wash mine every other day. I have psoriasis so any longer and my head becomes itchy and my hair is oily. I also get more dandruff. Sometimes I need to do it every day if I have styled it and used products on it.
EmmaRebecca1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I've always washed my hair every other day because 1) my hair is fine as **** and if I wash it every other day it gets super fine and frizzy and is impossible to keep down 2) I have sensitive skin so having a shower every day make me get dry skin and 3) I dye my hair bright colours so having a shower every day washes out the colour really fast which obviously I want to avoid
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wash my hair twice a day usually. Once in the morning, so my hair is damp and easier to style and then once at night (when I shower) to get rid of the hair product, I only use conditioner in the morning, and both shampoo and conditioner at night.
bulgylau
(Original post by MADMANMALIK)
I only use conditioner in the morning, and both shampoo and conditioner at night.
interesting
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I shower in the morning and at night, so twice a day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
57.85%
I don't have everything I need (137)
42.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed