The Student Room Group

is it too late for 2017 entry

i went to uni 2 weeks ago and dropped out because i was too far from home and hated my flatmates

i want to reapply for 2017 entry but somewhere closer to home (i still want to go in halls though) is it too late for this? i got good a levels

ive been looking at apprenticeships and the ones local (within 30 miles) that would suit my subjects only pay 3.50 an hour and are for 40 hours a week

idk what to do does anyone have advice
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by thrwaway
i went to uni 2 weeks ago and dropped out because i was too far from home and hated my flatmates

i want to reapply for 2017 entry but somewhere closer to home (i still want to go in halls though) is it too late for this? i got good a levels (A*A*C) and good gcses (A*AAABBBBBB)

ive been looking at apprenticeships and the ones local (within 30 miles) that would suit my subjects only pay 3.50 an hour and are for 40 hours a week

idk what to do does anyone have advice

Try asking your local unis.
Probably little chance of getting into halls unless they have excess property.
Impressed youve sorted out sfe already.

Sounds Ike too much of a rush and imo take a gap and think things through properly.

Just get a normal non apprenticeship job.
Reply 2
Check the university website. There are a few which are still advertising spaces so it's worth a shot?
Reply 3
You could try (and some unis start insanely late like York although good luck trying to get halls there at late notice!) But if you go in now, with courses started and flatmates established, might history repeat? I would take a year out and try again in 2018.
Original post by Wimbs
You could try (and some unis start insanely late like York although good luck trying to get halls there at late notice!) But if you go in now, with courses started and flatmates established, might history repeat? I would take a year out and try again in 2018.

York started two weeks ago - a week before places like Lancaster and Warwick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending