The Student Room Group

Cambridge SAQ

For the final part of the SAQ I'm unsure of what to include in the 'extra personal statement', it tells us to write about why we chose Cambrige, but I was talking to a friend and he said he didn't write anything as his teacher told him its only for stuff you couldn't include in your personal statement. What should I write in it??
You don't have to write anything in it, doing so won't decrease your chances of receiving an offer.

Question about SAQ: How long did it take Cambridge to email you about the SAQ after your application was sent?
Original post by moz4rt
For the final part of the SAQ I'm unsure of what to include in the 'extra personal statement', it tells us to write about why we chose Cambrige, but I was talking to a friend and he said he didn't write anything as his teacher told him its only for stuff you couldn't include in your personal statement. What should I write in it??

@Peterhouse Admissions see above.
Reply 3
Original post by homicidalwaffle
You don't have to write anything in it, doing so won't decrease your chances of receiving an offer.

Question about SAQ: How long did it take Cambridge to email you about the SAQ after your application was sent?

I got the email the next day
Original post by moz4rt

Original post by DreamlinerFinder

Thanks for the summons!

The SAQ personal statement is completely optional and many students leave it blank with no detrimental effect to their applications. We'd rather it was left blanck rather than filled with waffle, stuff from our own prospectus or repetition of your UCAS personal statement. It is most often used when the course you're applying for at Cambridge is different to your other UCAS choices so your UCAS statement doesn't quite match the Cambridge course. Examples might be if you're applying for Chemistry everywhere else but Natural Sciences at Cambridge.
Reply 5
Does anyone have a sample of a Cambridge Law SAQ and/or personal statement?

PS: I believe it would be quite useful to be able to show more evidence about your interest in the Law by using the SAQ - is is reasonable to say so @Peterhouse Admissions ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by shreyhey
Does anyone have a sample of a Cambridge Law SAQ and/or personal statement?

PS: I believe it would be quite useful to be able to show more evidence about your interest in the Law by using the SAQ - is is reasonable to say so @Peterhouse Admissions ?

I would quote my reply above . Your UCAS PS probably (hopefully?) does quite a good job of showing your interest in Law so only put anything extra in the SAQ PS if it really adds something. About a third of our current Law offer holders wrote nothing for their SAQ PS, the remainder mostly talked for a few sentences about why the structure of the Cambridge course appealed. Few used the character limit and none did what you are suggesting.

I'm not saying that you're barking up the wrong tree, just pointing out that the SAQ is really an information-gathering exercise and you don't need to try and impress us or do anything special for it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
I would quote my reply above . Your UCAS PS probably (hopefully?) does quite a good job of showing your evidence in Law so only put anything extra in the SAQ PS if it really adds something. About a third of our current Law offer holders wrote nothing for their SAQ PS, the remainder mostly talked for a few sentences about why the structure of the Cambridge course appealed. Few used the character limit and none did what you are suggesting.

I'm not saying that you're barking up the wrong tree, just pointing out that the SAQ is really an information-gathering exercise and you don't need to try and impress us or do anything special for it.

Ahh, I see, thank you very much for your reply, I understand the purpose of the SAQ now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending