The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham offer holders 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I too have an Unconditional if Firm offer from the Engineering Department, but for Civil.

Original post by TomO'hara
Name:Tom
Course: Ectronic and Electrical engineering
Predicted grades:ABB
Offer: Unconditional
When applied: November some time
When received:14/02/2018
Other places applied: Loughbrough
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by bea99
Me & lowza made a Facebook group for Notting uni offer holders 2018 so we can get to know each other before offer holder open days etc, let me know if you want to join :smile:

Please could you add me?😊
Original post by GSU_Dan
Its on the Facebook group page called "Nottingham offer holders 2018" Then one of the posts is about a group chat! Just comment on it and they will add you!

Please could you link the page?
Course: Chemistry in a year in industry
Offer: unconditional
Grades acheived: A*A*A* (Chemistry, Maths and Business Studies)
Reply 244
Original post by lowza
so this is emosh - i made this thread because i was almost certainly going to Notts but I got an offer for my 1st choice college from Oxford on wednesday so i'm going there.

i wanna put notts as my insurance but because it's also AAA it would probably be unwise:frown:

CHANGE OF PLAN!!!

So, even though Notts is AAA (now that it's not unconditional:frown:) I am putting it as my insurance.

That means Oxford is my firm, Nottingham is my insurance an they are both AAA. Oh well!! I think Notts will give me some leeway if I slightly miss or get like A*A*B for example.

I got A*A*A in the mocks, so hopefully I won't have to face that. I'm glad that I have an insurance that I actually really love and would go to though.
Name: Rish
Course: Economics BSC/BA
Predicted grades/attained: (A*) AA
Offer: AA
When applied: Early december
When received: Late December
Other places applied: Loughbrough,Leeds, Kent, Uon (industrial econ)
Name: Kate
Course: Psychology
Predicted Grades: AAB
Offer: Conditional (AAB)
When Received: 31st January
Other places applied: Nottingham Trent, Hull and York St. Johns
Name: Beth

Course: Maths

Predicted grades: A*AA

Mock Grades: A*A*A

Offer: A*AB / AAA

When applied: Early December

When received: Late December

Other places applied: Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester
Hey! Has anyone in this thread applied to do architecture? Let me know if you have.
Macy-Lara xx
Hi all, I am an international student. I applied for International Management and my predicted grades were A*AB whereas the entry requirements were AAB.
I just received an offer yesterday of ABB. Is it normal to get an offer lower than the standard entry requirements because all other offers I got were same as the standard grades needed to get in.
Btw I applied for Manchester, Sheffield and Edinburgh. Still waiting for a decision from Edinburgh.
Name: Macy-Lara
Course: MEng Architecture and Environment Design - K230
Predicted/Attained grades: no idea lol
Offer: AAB
When applied: December 3rd 2017
When received: February 21st 2018
Other places applied: Bath, Newcastle, Kent, Ravensbourne

I'm so excited! Nottingham is my first choice uni and I'm 100% firming it. It's not the course I originally applied for, I wanted BArch Architecture - K100, but this degree gives me an additional accreditation with a focus on the environment so I'm really pleased, initially I didn't apply for it because there were less course spaces and I din't think I'd get in.

Who else is doing this degree? Add me on Facebook?
Reply 251
Original post by desertmaradona
Hi all, I am an international student. I applied for International Management and my predicted grades were A*AB whereas the entry requirements were AAB.
I just received an offer yesterday of ABB. Is it normal to get an offer lower than the standard entry requirements because all other offers I got were same as the standard grades needed to get in.
Btw I applied for Manchester, Sheffield and Edinburgh. Still waiting for a decision from Edinburgh.

I also got an offer lower than the entry requirements for psychology (ABB). It seems that Nottingham has been giving it out for whatever reason
Original post by ireee
I also got an offer lower than the entry requirements for psychology (ABB). It seems that Nottingham has been giving it out for whatever reason

Maybe they are not getting enough applications and have a lot of vacant places idk. Anyway good for me as I can choose it as my insurance choice now instead of Sheffield.
It's now been three months since I applied, I've heard back from 4/5 of my choices but I am getting so stressed about my lack of Nottingham offer, anyone have anything to calm my stresses/any recommendations?
Name: Josh
Course: Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence MSci (integrated master's)
Predicted grades: AAA
Offer: ABB with an A in Computer Science (firmed it)
Subjects taken: Computer Science, History, English Literature
When applied: 1st November
When received: 2nd November
Other places applied: Kings College London, University of Leeds, University of Leicester (insurance), University of Lincoln
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bethany49
It's now been three months since I applied, I've heard back from 4/5 of my choices but I am getting so stressed about my lack of Nottingham offer, anyone have anything to calm my stresses/any recommendations?

Don't worry about it, they took just under three months to get back to me too, I applied on the 3rd of December and got a response earlier this week. I'm sure you'll get a response soon. You just need to remember that they do actually have until the 3rd of May I think and they have hundreds of thousands of applications, they just want to make sure everyone has the chance to be considered equally. xx
Name: Chloe
Course: Midwifery
Predicted grades: D*D*D*
Offer: DDM
When applied: 27th November
Interview: 5th February (They kept applications on hold till UCAS deadline)
When recieved: 14th February
Other places applied: Leeds (Insurance), York, Hull and Sheffield Hallam
Reply 257
I’d like to join :smile:

Original post by bea99
Me & lowza made a Facebook group for Notting uni offer holders 2018 so we can get to know each other before offer holder open days etc, let me know if you want to join :smile:
Name: Leo
Course: Architecture
Predicted/Attained grades: A*AB + A in EPQ + A (cash in grade)
Offer: AB
When applied: 07/12/2017
When received: 09/01/2018
Other places applied: UCL, Liverpool, Cardiff and Sheffield
Original post by jasmine1214
Name: Jasmine
Course: Architecture k100
Predicted grades: 38/45
Offer: 34
When applied: 27 Nov
When received: 11 Jan
Other places applied: UCL, Kent, Brookes