The Student Room Group

St George A101 (GEM) Graduate Medicine 2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer. :smile:

I've got an interview at Nottingham next week too, but thinking about cancelling that now? Anyone got any thoughts for/against the two places they could share?
Original post by vandermeyde

I've got an interview at Nottingham next week too, but thinking about cancelling that now? Anyone got any thoughts for/against the two places they could share?

Hey! Congratulations on your offer!

People here including me could definitely tell you things to sway you in one direction or the other but I think I’d honestly say go with whatever you think is best for you. Surely you’re leaning in one direction more than the other when comparing the two? Xx
Reply 582

Well done!! There’s no harm in doing the interview then deciding when you can - but it just depends what suits you (location, study, accommodation etc)
Reply 583

Amazing! Congrats :smile:
I’d keep my options open and go to the interview if it were me.
Reply 584
So Zay called and they said Tuesday latest (I’m guessing to start handing out offers) then somebody else called saying it could go into next week. Which means more life prolonged stress and not everyone will hear today. Nice.
Has anyone had an email about being on the waiting list yet?
Reply 586
Original post by Seez
So Zay called and they said Tuesday latest (I’m guessing to start handing out offers) then somebody else called saying it could go into next week. Which means more life prolonged stress and not everyone will hear today. Nice.

It’s incredibly irritating. They are experienced enough in admissions now that you would expect it to be a more seamless and predictable process. 😑
I want to say a big congratulations to all those with an offer, looking forward to meeting you when you come. Do you have an open day too? Any questions feel free to ask (current gep year 1 here).

To those who haven’t heard yet, I’m pretty sure they have changed the process since last year when they sent out all the offers on one day. I remember it being the most frustrating wait though so I don’t envy your position. Hopefully the rest of the offers and waitlist places will be revealed today. Good luck again.
Original post by daiigou
Has anyone had an email about being on the waiting list yet?

No one has said anything on this forum, but the decisions are still being released. Have you had one?
Original post by Razzle13
No one has said anything on this forum, but the decisions are still being released. Have you had one?

I've not recieved anything yet. I was wondering if they left waiting list emails to the end or were sending them out at the same time as offers/rejections.
Original post by daiigou
I've not received anything yet. I was wondering if they left waiting list emails to the end or were sending them out at the same time as offers/rejections.

I can't confirm for SGUL, but at Exeter the waiting list email was a rejection with a series of options, for the waiting list and also for transfer to the BSc medical sciences which were sent out along with the rest of the offer/rejection decisions maybe it's like that, or they solidly reject and then review who would be eligible for the waiting list, however that seems more complicated so id bet on the former similar process to Exeter.
Offer at 9:20 this morning! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Original post by kelisha2

Congratulations!! When was your interview date?
Beginning to get really tired now....
Congrats to everyone with offers! The longer time goes on, the closer I feel to rejection!
Reply 595
Original post by RadStudent2016
Congrats to everyone with offers! The longer time goes on, the closer I feel to rejection!

Same! :frown:
Reply 596
Original post by kelisha2

Amazing, well done!
When was your interview?
Anyone who interviewed late had offers yet (like 26th etc)?
I was on the 23rd and n9t heard yet...
Original post by daiigou
Congratulations!! When was your interview date?

Thanks! Mine was on the 19th.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending