The Student Room Group

overbite

So I always knew there was something bad about my teeth/smile and over the past few months I've started to become self conscious about it.

My dentist never mentioned it before, I actually had to make an appointment about it and then I was officially diagnosed with it.

I'm 16 and he said that he'd refer me to the orthodontist and id probably need braces.

to be honest i don't want to be stuck with braces for the next 2-3 years and I've heard about jaw surgery, can I get that on the NHS?

If I got surgery, how long are you operated on for? Do you have to have time off school/work?
Original post by Anonymous
So I always knew there was something bad about my teeth/smile and over the past few months I've started to become self conscious about it.

My dentist never mentioned it before, I actually had to make an appointment about it and then I was officially diagnosed with it.

I'm 16 and he said that he'd refer me to the orthodontist and id probably need braces.

to be honest i don't want to be stuck with braces for the next 2-3 years and I've heard about jaw surgery, can I get that on the NHS?

If I got surgery, how long are you operated on for? Do you have to have time off school/work?

Just get braces way easier, no one cares you have them and after like a month you forget you have them

Quick Reply

Latest