The Student Room Group

computer science with 2 alevels... possibly 1 extra AS

i am predicted CC in alevel physics and chemistry.
I was originally doing phy,chem and bio but i got U in bio AS and so could not continue it.
Which unis are available with my current situation.
I dont mind doing a foundation year (most likely going to do a foundation year)
can i apply for a foundation year and if i get good grades in august can i switch my course to the bsc degree so i dont have to take a foundation year.

Has anyone been accepted at aston with 2 alevels. This is where i really want to go. I emailed them but they said my best hope is clearing..If im lucky.

For my possible AS i could retake AS biology privately.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by thatdude123
i am predicted CC in alevel physics and chemistry.
I was originally doing phy,chem and bio but i got U in bio AS and so could not continue it.
Which unis are available with my current situation.
I dont mind doing a foundation year (most likely going to do a foundation year)
can i apply for a foundation year and if i get good grades in august can i switch my course to the bsc degree so i dont have to take a foundation year.

Has anyone been accepted at aston with 2 alevels. This is where i really want to go. I emailed them but they said my best hope is clearing..If im lucky.

For my possible AS i could retake AS biology privately.

This books ranks courses by grades required, usually find it at careers, library or in a bookshop. Just have a peek.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HEAP-2018-University-Degree-Course/dp/1911067486

You are better off either doing an A level in one year or taking a gap and resitting.

It says 3 A levels ABB- BBB so you are way out with CC. Not realistic.
The lowest reasonable traiff is the 112-127 UCAS point level. Most people have much higher.
I have doubts that Aston would accept you on 2 A levels.. Possible, but you are talking about being the only one.

They have a foundation course, which you can try for, which has no set grades..
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
This books ranks courses by grades required, usually find it at careers, library or in a bookshop. Just have a peek.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HEAP-2018-University-Degree-Course/dp/1911067486

You are better off either doing an A level in one year or taking a gap and resitting.

It says 3 A levels ABB- BBB so you are way out with CC. Not realistic.
The lowest reasonable traiff is the 112-127 UCAS point level. Most people have much higher.
I have doubts that Aston would accept you on 2 A levels.. Possible, but you are talking about being the only one.

They have a foundation course, which you can try for, which has no set grades..

the foundation course is the course i am talking about.
They require CCC.
is the foundation course-foundation-programme-in-engineering-and-applied-science?
the foundation course is the course i am talking about.
They require CCC.
is the foundation course-foundation-programme-in-engineering-and-applied-science?

There wasnt a set requirement I could see. there looks like only one general foundation. So yes it was for the school. Why dont you do maths or CS? Its up to them but I would be doing enough qualifications so I stood a chance of meeting the requirement.
Reply 4
There wasnt a set requirement I could see. there looks like only one general foundation. So yes it was for the school. Why dont you do maths or CS? Its up to them but I would be doing enough qualifications so I stood a chance of meeting the requirement.

when you say maths or cs do u mean AS.
My sixth form doesn't do short courses anymore.
when you say maths or cs do u mean AS.
My sixth form doesn't do short courses anymore.

Computer Studies.
Reply 6
Computer Studies.

what i mean is what level qualification are you talking about.
AS
A level
bsc
what i mean is what level qualification are you talking about.
AS
A level
bsc

They would be the more typical subject choices.

An A level.
Reply 8
They would be the more typical subject choices.

An A level.

unfortunately my sixth form college will not allow me to do another A level as it is a 2 year course.
They also no longer do 1 year courses such as AS level.
Thats why i might retake biology privately
unfortunately my sixth form college will not allow me to do another A level as it is a 2 year course.
They also no longer do 1 year courses such as AS level.
Thats why i might retake biology privately

Why are you doing hard A levels when all they want is any A level not an AS.
Why are you doing hard A levels when all they want is any A level not an AS.

when i first stated alevels i knew i would go into science at uni. so I picked the 3 sciences for alevel.
i then decided to do comp sci at the end of the year and so i couldn't change subjects.
so i decided to continue the 3 sciences and ended getting CCU at AS level.
At my sixth form you need a D to carry on your A level.
Hence i could only carry on 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending