Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am predicted CC in alevel physics and chemistry.
    I was originally doing phy,chem and bio but i got U in bio AS and so could not continue it.
    Which unis are available with my current situation.
    I dont mind doing a foundation year (most likely going to do a foundation year)
    can i apply for a foundation year and if i get good grades in august can i switch my course to the bsc degree so i dont have to take a foundation year.

Has anyone been accepted at aston with 2 alevels. This is where i really want to go. I emailed them but they said my best hope is clearing..If im lucky.

For my possible AS i could retake AS biology privately.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by thatdude123)
    i am predicted CC in alevel physics and chemistry.
    I was originally doing phy,chem and bio but i got U in bio AS and so could not continue it.
    Which unis are available with my current situation.
    I dont mind doing a foundation year (most likely going to do a foundation year)
    can i apply for a foundation year and if i get good grades in august can i switch my course to the bsc degree so i dont have to take a foundation year.

Has anyone been accepted at aston with 2 alevels. This is where i really want to go. I emailed them but they said my best hope is clearing..If im lucky.

For my possible AS i could retake AS biology privately.

This books ranks courses by grades required, usually find it at careers, library or in a bookshop. Just have a peek.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HEAP-2018-U.../dp/1911067486

You are better off either doing an A level in one year or taking a gap and resitting.

It says 3 A levels ABB- BBB so you are way out with CC. Not realistic.
    The lowest reasonable traiff is the 112-127 UCAS point level. Most people have much higher.
    I have doubts that Aston would accept you on 2 A levels.. Possible, but you are talking about being the only one.

They have a foundation course, which you can try for, which has no set grades..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    This books ranks courses by grades required, usually find it at careers, library or in a bookshop. Just have a peek.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HEAP-2018-U.../dp/1911067486

You are better off either doing an A level in one year or taking a gap and resitting.

It says 3 A levels ABB- BBB so you are way out with CC. Not realistic.
    The lowest reasonable traiff is the 112-127 UCAS point level. Most people have much higher.
    I have doubts that Aston would accept you on 2 A levels.. Possible, but you are talking about being the only one.

They have a foundation course, which you can try for, which has no set grades..
    the foundation course is the course i am talking about.
    They require CCC.
    is the foundation course-foundation-programme-in-engineering-and-applied-science?
    • Very Important Poster

the foundation course is the course i am talking about.
    They require CCC.
    is the foundation course-foundation-programme-in-engineering-and-applied-science?
    There wasnt a set requirement I could see. there looks like only one general foundation. So yes it was for the school. Why dont you do maths or CS? Its up to them but I would be doing enough qualifications so I stood a chance of meeting the requirement.

ReputationRep:
    There wasnt a set requirement I could see. there looks like only one general foundation. So yes it was for the school. Why dont you do maths or CS? Its up to them but I would be doing enough qualifications so I stood a chance of meeting the requirement.
    when you say maths or cs do u mean AS.
    My sixth form doesn't do short courses anymore.
    • Very Important Poster

when you say maths or cs do u mean AS.
    My sixth form doesn't do short courses anymore.
    Computer Studies.

ReputationRep:
    Computer Studies.
    what i mean is what level qualification are you talking about.
    AS
    A level
    bsc
    • Very Important Poster

what i mean is what level qualification are you talking about.
    AS
    A level
    bsc
    They would be the more typical subject choices.

An A level.

ReputationRep:
    They would be the more typical subject choices.

An A level.
    unfortunately my sixth form college will not allow me to do another A level as it is a 2 year course.
    They also no longer do 1 year courses such as AS level.
    Thats why i might retake biology privately
    • Very Important Poster

unfortunately my sixth form college will not allow me to do another A level as it is a 2 year course.
    They also no longer do 1 year courses such as AS level.
    Thats why i might retake biology privately
    Why are you doing hard A levels when all they want is any A level not an AS.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you doing hard A levels when all they want is any A level not an AS.
    when i first stated alevels i knew i would go into science at uni. so I picked the 3 sciences for alevel.
    i then decided to do comp sci at the end of the year and so i couldn't change subjects.
    so i decided to continue the 3 sciences and ended getting CCU at AS level.
    At my sixth form you need a D to carry on your A level.
    Hence i could only carry on 2.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.